Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - How to turn better than an STI for cheap!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 PM
DOHCammin
Recovering Modaholic
Contributing Member

awesome information, I, like most have gone the STi strut/takeoff route and am extremely happy with the "bang for buck" performance. If anybody is trying this route, definately swap out tires and/or wheels at the same time. Most of the bounce in the suspension is associated with the fat geolanders.

another way I reduced bounce and lost a little more ground clearance was swapping the stock STi springs to Tanabe GF210 springs (similar spring rates to the wrx STi pink springs).

This suspension setup, along with the STi 20mm Rear sway bar, poltec endlinks and Cusco rear strut bar makes the forester stick like glue in the turns.

I would also agree with the 17" wheels being an ideal choice for the forester but some of us require the "stock rolling diameter" to keep the same gear ratio and use of the spare. you would have to run a 225/55 series tire on a 17" wheel or a 225/45 series tire on an 18" wheel. I stuck with the 18" wheel for a shorter sidewall, and, IMO better traction in the turns.

05 SG9 FXT CGM 5spd (for sale)

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome