Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a Zerosports ZS-0306011 splitter designed for 02-03 JDM STi hood scoop fit on an 04 FXT?

I have the 02-03 hood scoop already. I read some posts that the bolting holes don't line up and the splitter is too short for Foresters.

Splitter

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
99% sure it will fit the scoop and hood fine. also 99% sure it will be way too short on your forester. this is due to the front cross member spacers that drop the engine slightly over an inch. i also read the zero sport splitters are pretty heavy.

what kind of tmic are you using? if it's the stock tmic i would just keep the forester splitter for now.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops forgot to mention that. USDM STi tmic is what I'm using.

Splitter being heavy can't be that bad, can it? Can someone else chime in on this please?

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
I had a similar GTSpec splitter that was basically the same thing for cheaper. It will work but you will have to drill out, IIRC, two holes on the top (maybe two on the bottom, too) but then it will work fine. Just be sure to put good thick weather stripping for cushion on the back side when you tighten it up so you don't get rattles.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does. Drill on the splitter, not the hood I guess? Weather stripping between the splitter and the hood do you mean?

How much is a GTSpec one? The one I'm looking at the seller is asking $150.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts