Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've owned my Forester since late fall 2007, but I never made my own journal until now. I have some mods to it, but this was just a quick photo of my clean car as it was chilly outside and a short mod list. I wanted to document the moment, as this is the first time my car was clean since fall/winter. :icon_biggrin: I'll add more photos when the weather warms up and get more parts installed.

Mods:

Engine
IHI VF-43 Turbo
AVO Turbo silicone inlet
STi top mount intercooler
Subtle Solutions hood scoop chimney
Subtle Solutions hood scoop splitter
Subtle Solutions hood struts
Prodrive 3-port boost control solenoid
Accessport v2 Protuned by Jermaine Riddick of TurboXS: 300.5 awhp, 333.7 awtq
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Kit
Injector Dynamics 1000cc fuel injectors
TurboXS Forester 3" turbo back exhaust (catted)
Killer B Motorsports Oil Pickup Tube
KOYO Rad and 1.3 bar cap
Crawford Performance Air Oil Separator
Zero/Sports oil cap
Zero/Sports 1.3 bar filler tank cap
Zero/Sports Cool Thermo water thermostat
IAG windshield washer fluid, coolant overflow, and power steering reservoir billet aluminum caps
ADVANCE High Efficiency Alternator 130A

Brake & Suspension
Red AP Racing CP5200 4-pot front brakes and WRX 2-pot rears with Kartboy adapters
STi brake master cylinder and booster
Goodridge SS brake lines
STi aluminum front control arms
Stance Super Sport/XR1 coilovers with Swift Spring 6k (front/rear)
STi Group N strut topmounts
STi rear trailing arms
STi lateral links
Kartboy rear subframe bolts
JDM Ver9 STi Spec C front subframe
2007 STi steering rack
Whiteline steering rack bushings

Drivetrain
Carbonetic Carbon rear 1.5 way limited slip differential
Kartboy rear differential outrigger bushings
Torque Solution Drive Shaft Carrier Bearing Support Bushings
South Bend Clutch Stage 1 HD - K15026-HD
Andrewtech Automotive custom R160 rear differential cover

Exterior
JDM STi v7 hoodscoop
35% Tint all around
STi front spoiler underskirt (more JDM down force...lol)
JDM Forester CrossSport grill and rear badge
Stock Enkei "STi" Forester Sports XT 17" X 7" wheels with 225/50/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
Advan GT 18" x 8.5" +45mm wheels with 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Project Kics Racing Composite R40 locking lugnuts
JDM SG9 Forester STi rear bumper and skirt
JDM Forester aero front spats
JDM Forester mid-spoiler

Interior
DAMD Steering Wheel (round)
2007 STi airbag
JDM red hazard button
STi 5-speed shift knob
JDM business card holder

How the Forester looks now:

To be installed:
JDM STi helical front differential
Hella horns
Techna-Fit SS clutch line
Defi Link Display
Defi Link Control Unit v2 with 60mm boost gauge

Some older pics prior to the suspension mods:

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Looks good. Lower it.

joe r

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I'll work on getting more shots of the Forester when the weather cooperates.

Looks good. Lower it.

joe r
Yeah, I'm hoping the Swift Springs will lower it a bit. However, I also think the wheel gap might look big because of the 225/50/17 Michelin Pilot Sports Plus tires. If I had went with a 225/45/17 tire, would that change the wheel gap any?

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
You would have more wheel gap with 225x45x17's & it would be a tad lower to the ground.

joe r

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 4EAT
541 Posts
245/45/17 is the ticket with near perfect speedo.

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to make an update to the installed part list and I've acquired a few more additional parts. I also wanted to post a few more pics...

Getting my timing belt, water pump, and tensioners replaced...

Interesting license plate surround...

Some new decals...

And a rear shot from a local open house...

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed the STi aluminum front control arms due to WVX-34 Safety Recall and got a "stock-type" alignment. I updated the first thread with pics when I was at Andrewtech a few days before Christmas.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
I like where you're going with your modding!

I've been running the Swifts on stock struts for over 60k miles now and love 'em. I'm running P235/50-17s on 17 X 7.5 Rotas and I'm happy with the wheel gap and how the tires fill the wheel wells. Pics in my journal (link below in my sig).

Love the 4 pot/2 pot WRX brakes - I need to do those myself!

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like where you're going with your modding!

I've been running the Swifts on stock struts for over 60k miles now and love 'em. I'm running P235/50-17s on 17 X 7.5 Rotas and I'm happy with the wheel gap and how the tires fill the wheel wells. Pics in my journal (link below in my sig).

Love the 4 pot/2 pot WRX brakes - I need to do those myself!
Thanks for the compliments, Canonshooter. They mean a lot to me, coming from Mr. June 2008! :biggrin:

This is the longest it has taken me to complete the modifications of my car, but I've just been so busy after getting married, buying a house, and work. I'm taking it in steps - after doing the exhaust and brakes, I'm trying to tackle updating the suspension (still on the stock springs and struts). Eventually I'll get to the turbo and tune it! :bacon:

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JDM CrossSports badge

Added a new JDM badge, and got rid of the USDM "Forester Sports" one. I broke/bent a few clips on the grill, but I easily repaired them with Loc-tite and some clamps. Hopefully the grill won't fall off while I'm driving and render this mod a complete loss. :shrug:

But I like the subtle change. :)

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New suspension bits

Update: Last month I had installed new Swift Sport lowering springs and KYB Excel (rebranded GR-2's) struts with STi Group N topmounts. The new suspension is so much better than stock, but I honestly believe the stock suspension was on the way out after 120k+ miles. Ride height, turn in, and steering are so much better now. I scraped the front lip a few times because I'm not used to being "lowered", haha! :lol:

·
Registered
'08 SGM FSX Auto
398 Posts
I'm gonna be up your way this Friday. Taking mine to IAG for the swift spring install. I'm excited to feel and see the results.

How do you like the Fujitsibu exhaust? Sound good?

·
luvin' it
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna be up your way this Friday. Taking mine to IAG for the swift spring install. I'm excited to feel and see the results.

How do you like the Fujitsibu exhaust? Sound good?
You'll like the new suspension. Give the Swifts a few weeks to settle before making a judgment on the final appearance. At first, I thought my suspension didn't change much after the install but after 2 weeks - wow, what a difference! I don't think I will want to go any lower.

The Fujitsubo is my favorite exhaust. Unfortunately it's a WRX/STi fitment, so not all the exhaust hangers match up to the Forester but the rear pair do (which are the most important ones). The tip doesn't extend past the bumper so I think it adds to the cabin noise but isn't annoying. I love how it is a single piece exhaust and it's lighter than stock. :)

·
Registered
'08 SGM FSX Auto
398 Posts
Very nice. I'm glad someone told me. I've seen a ton of Foresters with the swifts and some look like nothing has changed and others look amazing. I guess some pictures are before they settle. That puts my mind at ease. Car looks great! Makes me want to paint mine. I probably would if it wasn't as rare as people say it is.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts