Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/what-size-adjustable-torque-wrench-best-buy-67789/

Thanks for all the replies to what size is the best to get. Would now like to know what makes are recommended. Not into paying loads of cash for something that would only see occasional light of day, but not something that would break at the first sign of trouble either.

I've seen Draper, Silverline, Bluepoint as well as other no names brands. Any recommendations.

Thanks
ubdai

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
if it was for proffessional use i would say Snap-On every time. Very expensive, but you get what you pay for -(i have managed to break 3/4 snap-on torque wrenches!)

however, is its just for the odd job on your car, there is a halfords in every town. - Halfords proffessional range is good quality, and even if you do break it, they dont ask any questions or ask for the receipt, they just swap it there and then in the shop

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
I only use mine a dozen times a year or so but, I have had an SK for over ten years and it still works great. It may be due for a calibration check though.

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
idk if they have it in eroupe
but i'd go with craftsman
i love their service and quality of their tools
I like Craftsman tools too.... But we dont have a Sears over here. they are pretty hard to come by

i send all my busted up Craftsman tools back to my boss in Sturgeon Bay (near Green Bay in Wisconsin), and he gets them replaced for me. - Sears have the same policy as Halfords do over here, Replace broken tools & no questions asked

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
FYI bluepoint and snap-on are pretty much the samething, and for the weekend warrior it will for the most part be over kill

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use Snap-on digital torque wrenches everyday they are fantastic but for working at home and doing the odd job every now and then I would definatley go with the Halfords profesional range, excellent quality and a good price.
However there are usually a range of Snap on torque wrenches on E-bay at any given time, if you time it right you may just get one for similar money to the Halfords one.
Bare in mind if you go for the digital style Snap-on torque wrenches as a rule the red handled ones do not have the ability to measure angle's (sometimes needed for head bolts and the like) where as the grey/blue handled ones do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts