Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
7 Posts
PACOsult10 and eatmyjustice: my error code indicated the oxygen sensor, too. They replaced it immediately and to no avail and that's when the 2-week wait for the software update kicked in. I've had my Forester back for a little over 2 weeks and, so far, all is fine.
Thanks for the update. My issue hasn't reoccured, but I'll bring up the software update if it happens again.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,054 Posts
The Foresters have to get from the factory to the Japanese port, and the port itself is a huge sea of cars. Then off the ship and into a US port with huge sea of cars. Then onto a train, and then transferred to a truck. It can add up to 4 miles if you have it delivered straight off the truck, as I did with a Japanese-made car ten years ago.

Oh and trust me, you don't want to see the stevedores drive them off the ship here in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 XT Touring w/EyeSigh CVT
22 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2017 yesterday. It had 208 miles on it when I took delivery. It had to be driven from a dealer in another state to get the trim level and options (EyeSight) on it that I wanted. I have not drove it much myself but so far I love it. Now to order the 20mm RSB and install that. I traded in my 2015 XT Touring w/EyeSight for it. The 2017 has everything I wanted in the Forester when I bought my 2015. On a side note I would prefer cooled seats as opposed to the heated steering wheel. Just a personal preference because of the oppressive heat in Oklahoma during the summers.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring CVT
103 Posts
I am one week in and love mine. I've had Subarus for fifteen years, and this is clearly the best one I've had. The ride is so smooth and compared to he others I've had, the cabin so quiet. I am loving the LED lights and steering responsive headlight feature. They make such a difference for me. I just used the high beams today and noted that Eyesight picked up construction signs on the highway and engaged the high beam assist feature as each sign was encountered.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,054 Posts
Im really happy so far with my 17' Touring.
But speaking of the heated wheel, anyone turn it on yet ? I did yesterday out of curiosity and maybe it was just me but it felt "luke warm" at best. Anyone else try it yet and have an opinion ?
When I turn the heated wheel on in our Caddy you know its on no doubt.

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
6 Posts
I find this interesting. In the US, the break-in/ run-in on new Subarus is 1000 miles. I understand that one thousand is a nice round, easy number for new owners to remember, but when our break-in is over 50% more than Oz, it makes me wonder what the actual requirement from an engineering standpoint is.

-JMart
Not sure but I have noticed the fuel economy improve as it has loosened up. No issues whatsoever and now up to 3000 km. Purring like a kitten. It got a set of roof racks and will get the roof top tent put on it in the next 6 weeks once the weather improves for camping.

·
Registered
2017 XT Touring w/EyeSigh CVT
22 Posts
Im really happy so far with my 17' Touring.
But speaking of the heated wheel, anyone turn it on yet ? I did yesterday out of curiosity and maybe it was just me but it felt "luke warm" at best. Anyone else try it yet and have an opinion ?
When I turn the heated wheel on in our Caddy you know its on no doubt.

I turned it on and it got warm the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the wheel. It was quite warm here and the vehicle was heat soaked. I'm sure it will feel much warmer to the touch in the winter with cold hands. Personally I would prefer the wheel to be warm instead of hot anyway.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,336 Posts
Had it for 2 weeks and now have ~300 miles on her. My wife and I are loving it as well. Great vehicle, very quiet and handles beautifully. Can't wait for the new Impreza to hit the dealers as I may be trading in my 2015 Legacy Limited 2.5i in for a loaded Impreza Limited.

·
Registered
2017 Forester2.5i Limited CVT
799 Posts

I am not happy with my 2017 forester. this just happened to me after I drove only 75 miles
[/QUOTE]

It's strange this is happening with some Foresters. I wonder if it's a very early production issue or a factory issue depending on the factory. I have 1900+ miles on mine with no issues. Knock on wood. I decoded my vin and it says built at the Yajima plant. Look at the 11th digit and see if it's an 8 or an H.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i
126 Posts
Hi:

I entered my vin into a decoder site, and it says the trim level for it is Touring. But I bought the limited (highest) trim in Canada. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
2017 2.0XT Touring
114 Posts
It's strange this is happening with some Foresters. I wonder if it's a very early production issue or a factory issue depending on the factory. I have 1900+ miles on mine with no issues. Knock on wood. I decoded my vin and it says built at the Yajima plant. Look at the 11th digit and see if it's an 8 or an H.
Mine (on the truck/boat - delivery on the 9th supposedly) has an H in that position.

Best I can tell, that means manufactured in Japan, but doesn't tell me which plant? How do you know? And which was yours built at?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mine (on the truck/boat - delivery on the 9th supposedly) has an H in that position.

Best I can tell, that means manufactured in Japan, but doesn't tell me which plant? How do you know? And which was yours built at?
Mine was delivered on Aug. 2 at the dealer. Does your Forester have issues? Use the VIN decoder site and compare the 11th digit in your VIN. 2015 Subaru VIN numbers, vehicle identification number

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi:

I entered my vin into a decoder site, and it says the trim level for it is Touring. But I bought the limited (highest) trim in Canada. Does this make sense?
No. Trim level is the 7th digit. Did your Forester have issues?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I may be wrong but aren't all Forester's made in Japan in the same factory? The first digit of the VIN is the country of origin.
No, they are not all made in the same factory. The 11th digit in the VIN tells you witch factory and transmission.

121 - 140 of 636 Posts