Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well what would it be?
mine a old BF legacy turbo (I love wagons just look at my old BF) , 22b , or a SF forester STI (2nd gen)

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Mine is coming in a few weeks:p

OK, that was lame but after having only owned two Subaru's before and almost 15 years ago, it is close enough to my dream Subie.

I've been waiting for this purchase for over 20 years of company cars.

ps - I promise to dump the sheep avatar once the new car gets here :)

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Were I rich and famous, and self-indulgent:
1) I'd probably have an FXT/Sti whose body/frame were stretched two foot (more room for second row passengers, or more room for six plus footers to stretch out in the back with rear seats down);
2) raised four inches to offset additional length (read, keep off-road capabilities);
3) extra strong STi anti-sway bars to retain as much on-road handling as was possible; and
4) modified wheel wells that permitted a taller tire/wheel fitment (thinking 235-85-16 LT Michelins).
I suspect it would be a one-off, as it's not likely anybody else but me thinks this would be ideal!
-Quick

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
One particular 22b..... and it's for sale .... and I can't afford it :cry:

R

·
0 Posts
I have been looking at the 3Ltr 245BHP/290 torque legacy. just got to start saving

·
Registered
276 Posts
A "optional" Forester that being considered a "small SUV" actually has some off road capability. This means GIVE THE POOR THING SOME CLEARANCE! and also mabey a Hybrid type engine so that it would get say 25/34+ MPG city/Highway. I LOVE the Forester bad part is sometimes going slightly off raod...its not the traction but the KRAP clearance that bugs me. I'm not talking mud bogging type clerance but enough that when I hit a run I don't bottom out and worry about breaking something off. Id like to see a Forester/OR(for Off Road) with some under cladding(skid plates), a light rack on top some optional rally type lights in front, a usable bullbar/winch housing up front. and a few inches more clearance for some TRUE Off Road type tires(would come standard with BFG TA's). I don't need something to rock crawl in or and mud bogging that Forester just does NOT have enough clearance!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a dream car once. I had a 92 subaru SVX LSI. I wish subaru would make it again. Before I bought my FXT, I was shopping around for a 97 SVX LSI, but coundn't find one. Then I thought about how hard it'll be to get parts. So I dumped the idea.

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
I would love to have my 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS back so that I could do a F-XT engine and tranny swap on it. I would just be happy to get my hands on a 2000-2001 model with low miles and in great condition inside and out.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
umm it would be a s204 well any of the s's

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Forester STI in white for me!

Would love a Legacy and did look at one before buying my S/tb. Wouldnt fit in my garage though :(

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
forgot any B4 legacy and the last year SVX

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
C Bennett said:
A "optional" Forester that being considered a "small SUV" actually has some off road capability. This means GIVE THE POOR THING SOME CLEARANCE! and also mabey a Hybrid type engine so that it would get say 25/34+ MPG city/Highway. I LOVE the Forester bad part is sometimes going slightly off raod...its not the traction but the KRAP clearance that bugs me. I'm not talking mud bogging type clerance but enough that when I hit a run I don't bottom out and worry about breaking something off. Id like to see a Forester/OR(for Off Road) with some under cladding(skid plates), a light rack on top some optional rally type lights in front, a usable bullbar/winch housing up front. and a few inches more clearance for some TRUE Off Road type tires(would come standard with BFG TA's). I don't need something to rock crawl in or and mud bogging that Forester just does NOT have enough clearance!
That isn't asking a lot, now is it? The ground clearance issue would be made worse with adding hybrid motors...

<searches for pics of Subed> Here's a Forester with skid plates, an optional type rally lights in front, a rear diff guard, AND the capability to run around (lost) in the AZ desert among the cacti and the washboard roads.

We COULD find a nice little lift kit (2-3 inch) for it, and that might help with clearance...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
rainman1 said:
I was shopping around for a 97 SVX LSI, but coundn't find one. Then I thought about how hard it'll be to get parts. So I dumped the idea.
AMEN to that!!

I work at a Subaru Parts Dept., and other than the oil filters and crush washers (I have a Fumoto, no longer need crush washers), EVERY SINGLE PART on the SVX is special order.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Roo said:
That isn't asking a lot, now is it? The ground clearance issue would be made worse with adding hybrid motors...

<searches for pics of Subed> Here's a Forester with skid plates, an optional type rally lights in front, a rear diff guard, AND the capability to run around (lost) in the AZ desert among the cacti and the washboard roads.

We COULD find a nice little lift kit (2-3 inch) for it, and that might help with clearance...

Yeah but I want it from the factory :) so I get a full warranty and I dont take it in and get told that since I added 2-4 inches lift the warranty is void :). and yeah your right about the hybrid system....I just think that I guess the car should get in the high 20's low 30's highway and still in the low to mid 20's highway..but my MPG is not as good as id like I guess is all i was saying :). But a Forester from the factory with 2-4" more clerance and mabey some room for a smaller set of true A/T tires would be nice...and as you said the pasrt are already there to do it.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Probally my forester with a few off road accessories :)

SubaXtreme Skid Plate (sump guard) 300.00

Hella 500 driving lights 75.00

Stromung catback exhaust 550.00

Rallitek flaps 80.00

Rally innovations light bar 250.00

Injen CAI (98-99 RS) 250.00

New rubber (Tires that is) 300-400.00

Performance gauge cluster w/gauge housing 150.00/50.00

Having a car that screams "DRIVE ME"... priceless

There are somethings money can't buy.. for everythin.......

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
As much as I like my FXT, I'd do a Legacy 2.5GT turbo wagon 5MT next time 'round. Except there is no more 5MT. :( Sooo....yea. Bummer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts