Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Administrator Why do I keep getting this message when I try to edit a post when I've not reached anything like the above criteria??

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,051 Posts
I think they are doing everything they can to reduce server load. I just tried using BBCode in my signature and that doesn't work as it once did.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why any criteria like this? Some of us just like to come back and fine tune. I just did.
Exactly. Was just trying to fix a broken link (that no longer exists) to an image.

·
Administrator
2,707 Posts
Hey All,

We know the errors with the editing function are inconvenient, but they are being worked on. Thank you for reporting your case, I'll be sure to share when we find a resolution to this.

-Gerrit

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still getting this error first time I've tried to edit a post in months

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,227 Posts
Again I ask, "Why any criteria like this? Some of us just like to come back and fine tune."

Or correct embarrassing typos.

·
Administrator
2003 Mustang Cobra
338 Posts
Heya guys,

Expected action: "Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days."

However, we believe there is a bug in the future and we have a ticket open to get this "edit window" bug resolved and last I heard it was in QA. Ref #171132170

Putting a time limit on editing does help protect content and thread continuity. If a user decides they no longer want to be here for whatever reason they cannot suddenly try to remove all of their content and disrupt legacy information in threads.

Posted in the mod section about this also.

Jeff M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts