1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:woohoo: What a fantastic day. Can't wait for the next one guys. :woohoo:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/yorkshire-dales-run-again-68138/

Post your pics and vids from the run on here and they'll be easier to find. :biggrin:

Mmmmm, bacon buttie and a cup of tea please.

Is there something you wanna tell us Mike?

Mid way over Butter Tubs Pass. (Mine and geoffmiles fozzies are behind that red tractor BTW)

Vids to come.

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Here's a few from today

Meeting at Masham

Mud magnet

On the way up

There's snow on them there hills

On the way down

time for a wash

Pretty much from then on my camera refused to work :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Had a great day. My brakes feel like the pads are glazed over a bit :biggrin:

Had a heart stopping moment when following steei downhill on a snowy section of road. I thought he was just slowing down, but turned out that he'd decided to stop to take a picture, so I had to stop too :icon_eek:

The mud on the windows was becoming a problem, so I tried to clean them using the only thing to hand - baby wipes with aloe vera on them. Not a good idea...

Pictures are on flickr as my webspace disappeared as part of an ISP upgrade :shrug:

Dales Run Feb 2010 - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Thanks to all for a great day out, also fantastic pics & vids. Will upload mine when I find the connecting cable!

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My pics added to post #1

I like this pic. It really shows how much the body shape has changed from geoffmiles beautiful black '06 and R5oss big red '09 in the background. :raspberry:

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
963 Posts
Is there something you wanna tell us Mike?

Yes I do mdg, your girl friend is SO EASY :bananapowerslide:

I like this pic. It really shows how much the body shape has changed from geoffmiles beautiful black '06 and R5oss big red '09 in the background.

That's the last time I'm taking YOUR advice, an SH body in Papier Mache just does not last in those cold & damp conditions :crazy:
But it did improve the aerodynamics, while it lasted, t'was only the pretty STi that almost kept up, if only steei had spent less time wiping it down :raspberry:

As for your leadership on the second half of the run, need I say more :shake:

Just check this Neil8p photo of the asthmatic N/A trying to keep up with the haystack :icon_rolleyes:

James TenTenths, you did not miss much, but there again we did not miss you either, since we were denied the opportunity to witness the bridge spitting you off yet again. My bet was going to be that this time you would make third base in Brazillia :icon_wink: :icon_redface:

Yeah, it was just the usual photo-editing session that makes this so appealing :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh well, 'till the next one :icon_sad:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw i wanna go back and do it all again. Great vids Steei.

Neil8p...Linky no worky for me.

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Excellent video. I can't believe how slow I am compared to the diesel in the first video. Maybe it's fitted with those heavy toyota pedals that get stuck to the floor :biggrin:

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Any info on that scoop ?
The scoop was one of a group buy many years ago. Came from a company in Aussieland called Foresterbitz ?? I know that they no longer exist. I bought it off Stevem who didn't use it. A little larger than the standard one and looks good, as well as getting a little more air to the i/c. A straight swop fit, no bother at all.

Good day out, I left home at 7 05am and returned at 6.50 pm -- a 12 hr day in the t/tb !! Will try to remember the camera next time . Nice to meet everyone and put faces to names.

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
963 Posts
neil8p
The mud on the windows was becoming a problem, so I tried to clean them using the only thing to hand - baby wipes with aloe vera on them. Not a good idea...
LOL, I am getting old-er, the penny has just dropped, they really were used baby wipes :Banane14: :tissue:

steei, good vids, but the HD recording slows the footage down when played back in LD. Those lanes were going past faster than that :shrug:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts