Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the factory Falkens with a more aggressive tire without replacing the wheels and wondering if any members has any experiences with the Geolanders. Any comments would be great, going on a 2019 Forester.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
492 Posts
The GO15s are a good tire all around. I'm on my second set. Good traction in all conditions. Better than all seasons in the snow and ice. A bit noisier than all seasons but tolerable. Do a search on this site, there are several threads with pics.

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
253 Posts
I love mine. Not noisy, comfortable ride, and are great in the snow

·
Registered
Subaru Forester XT Premium 2018
1 Posts
Thanks all for the advice on this forum. I decided to switch to the AT GO15's too last fall. So far I've had about 5000 miles of mixed driving on highway, gravel, and light off roading (rocky/gutted forest service and BLM roads). I'm running size P225/55R18 on the stock wheels.

My impressions are that performance has been greatly improved on snowy/wet roads, as well as on gravel and in mud.

With the stock tires, I had a few close calls sliding on mountain highways (including I-70 in Colorado) on snow/ice. I feel much more comfortable in these situations now and had no similar incidents this winter, including while driving across Nebraska during a ground blizzard for Christmas travel, when I passed many semis, SUVs and capable pickups that had slid off I-80.

I also almost once slid off a muddy forest service road with the stock tires going around 15 mph. I have had no slips in mud this spring, including on relatively steep hills, and at higher speeds.

I haven't experienced any rubbing. I was concerned about fuel economy--I can't really tell what the impact has been (due to the cold weather), but I suspect it hasn't decreased more than 1-2 mpg, if that.

I had the tires installed by my local dealership. They guaranteed them against flats for 60,000 miles.

Hope that helps anyone else considering making the switch! Here are some photos. The last photo is of a short but steep, rutted hill, which I had no problem climbing (traction control activated for a second, but I didn't feel any slippage).

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,349 Posts
I just love Wyoming!
I rode the Continental Divide trail across it with stops on the Oregon Trail in Farson
Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts