Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I went down some unplowed roads last night that others were having problems with. I never spun once. TCS never kicked in.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium, manual MT6
36 Posts
All terrain tires aren't said to be the best on snow, but its what I've got on mine too, so I hope we'll both be okay!

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
297 Posts
They are a good tire I'm on my second set. She is a beast in the snow with the G015s.
How many miles did you get from the first set? and in what use? (commute, towing, long trips, dirt trips....)

I like the idea of this tire but I worry it would burn up fast with the towing and road trips I do

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
492 Posts
How many miles did you get from the first set? and in what use? (commute, towing, long trips, dirt trips....)

I like the idea of this tire but I worry it would burn up fast with the towing and road trips I do
I had 27K on them. The stock Bridgstones lasted 25K. Was a little disappointed in the wear but I like the tire. I do a lot of twisty suburban roads in S# mode and a mixed commute. I'm really hard on tires and the G015 feel good.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5I Prem CVT
25 Posts
All terrain tires aren't said to be the best on snow, but its what I've got on mine too, so I hope we'll both be okay!
The G015 are actually snow rated tires.

For you folks with the G015. Did you notice any reduced MPGs with those tires? A snow rated all season sounds awesome but I fear the MPG loss.

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dropped maybe 1 gallon per mile. The only CON I have found with the G015 is cornering. If you hard corner, you can feel the side of the knobby(?) lack of better words.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring SBM Lineartronic CVT with X-Mode
263 Posts
My biggest loss with this tire has been cornering speed and stability in turns. I'm ok with that though because it forces me to drive more sensibly.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
492 Posts
They felt soft at the suggested pressure so I went +2 Psi in both front and rear to 35 / 34 with good results.

·
Registered
2017 ForesterXT Vespa
105 Posts
They worked great in new, soft snow, even with TC off it didn't slide much! Running stock pressures but I'm on 17's (more air volume), 34/34psi felt a little harsh to me.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium, manual MT6
36 Posts
Ah, that's true, badtlc. But mine are Geolander A/T-S. The G015 fit one size too large according to specs (if you go by the book, which I chose to do). We're expecting 2-3" of snow tomorrow so I'll get an idea of just how the A/T-S perform.

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the G015 do great in snow. But on ICE, they suck....lol

Hard to believe they do so well in snow. But get on a freshly plowed road that is iced over and they get squirley. Bout the only thing though that I think would be great on snow would be dedicated snow tires. Like Blizzaks

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've got general grabbers at2s right now and I've been fairly happy with them. Decent highway avaerage. Around town could be better. I've been happy with how they have handled some Rocky service roads I take to go camping at times.

That being said they are 31lbs per tire. The g015 for the same size is 27lbs.
I like the idea of lessening the rotational weight where it matters most for perhaps better around town mpgs and snappier acceleration but I worry they won't hold up on some rougher roads.

Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts