Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone tell me if these are directional tires?

I want to purchase 5 so I can rotate in my spare so I do have an issue with the AWD system and the spare having new tread and the other 4 being worn.

Also, is it really 1/4" in circumference for the AWD system

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
By the looks of the tread pattern, Id say no they are not directional . These are whats going on mine when the OEM Yokohama's are finally worn out, probably next winter.

what size were you going to go with, Im probably going to use the 215/60-17

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Automatic
426 Posts
I'm curious to hear about this as I was planning on purchasing these for my next set of tires in about 5,000 miles.
Wondering what folks think about these tires. They are rated far better than the H/T 's which are total crap.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
I have a set right now! They are not directional so outlaw they'll work for you.

P.s. I'll be selling my set mounted on X steels with about 5k on them as soon as my new wheels show up if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
No problem. I highly recommend them. They've performed great in dry (a little road noise). Very well in serious rain. Haven't had a chance in snow yet but I hear good things.

·
Registered
1999 subaru forester s
218 Posts
i have had them for allmost a year now and love them they do great off road and so far seem to be good in snow , and i do spend a lot of time off road with them

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Hey SO,
I had Yok Geo AT 2's on my toyota, they are not exactly the same but an older Geolander all-terrain model:

the AT-S look similair and are the 'evolved' version, they were really great tires, I wish they were available for the foz (215/70-16 is the closest..)
I ran them through the winter and summer all over BC and lots of highway as well.. when I was done (after 3yrs~80K) they went onto my Dads Ford for holiday duties..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts