Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5XTn
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, long time lurker here... normally I can find out whatever useful I need with the Search function from the resident experts on here . The level of expertise is extraordinary!

Anyway, my offside front electric window winder motor has packed up on my '05 2.5XT and I am looking to replace it. Does anyone know if the window winder motor from the contemporary Impreza or Legacy will fit? Or do they all suffer the same corrosion fate as the Foz? Or a source of cheap(ish) new ones?

I have taken the inner door panel off and had a little poke around. Classic symptoms, the motor whirs away but nothing happens... Frankly I'm not prepared to do that again, the grunting and contortion at my age is not worth the effort, so I'll get the garage to fix it and blow the expense. I just want to get the winder motor at the most reasonable cost and give the mechanic the tips off this forum.

Finally, does anyone know if a non-working window is an automatic MOT failure?

Best regards

Andy Z

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6 spd
433 Posts
MOT failure???????

If you're hearing the motor working (and it actually is), and the window isn't, that sounds like the drive mechanism. I'm not a window mechanic, BIIRC, there's some type of torque limiting device in there to keep your kids from beheading small animals with the windows. That device might be bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts