Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Just bought my 1st Subaru a couple of weeks ago and was presently surprised to find a forum dedicated to the Forester! It makes a big difference when you can share the joys and trials of owning a particular vehicle.

I was sorry to read about the elimination of the old SF.com site. What happened, lawers? Glad to read that the old database will be available in the near future. It will certainly help us older model owners who don't have the knowledge base.

I've already placed an order with Jamie for some parts and upgrades, first of many I'm sure. Also looking forward to meeting some of you at the Annapolis Subaru get together this spring.

Have a good one,

Jeff

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I was supprised to find this place also, many times I just lurked around reading various topics.. but eventually registered..

Paul-

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,836 Posts
WindChaser said:
I was sorry to read about the elimination of the old SF.com site. What happened, lawers? Glad to read that the old database will be available in the near future. It will certainly help us older model owners who don't have the knowledge base.
Welcome, neighbor! I live just down the street in Columbia when I'm not at my house in NH. There are a bunch of forum members here in the area.

The old site got done in by cybersquatters, not lawyers, but the lawyers have been pretty active and the new management here has taken a number of good steps in the direction of caution.

We're all hoping that the "near future" happens soon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome new guy!

Welcome WindChaser! I'm a newbie also, and have learned a bunch from reading posts on this forum.

S2000, huh? One sweet machine! Almost bought one in 2000 when they came out, but couldn't bear to part with my Integra. Whenever I took my Integra to the Honda dealer for servicing, I'd test drive an S2000. After a while I was banned ... something about me drooling on the upholstery!

·
Registered
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
281 Posts
WindChaser said:
Hi Everyone!

Just bought my 1st Subaru a couple of weeks ago and was presently surprised to find a forum dedicated to the Forester!
Welcome...and I'm sure that this first one won't be your last! They're quite addicting :-D This forum is also quite helpful. Glad you found us!

~Jason~

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bbottomley said:
Welcome, neighbor! I live just down the street in Columbia when I'm not at my house in NH. There are a bunch of forum members here in the area.

The old site got done in by cybersquatters, not lawyers, but the lawyers have been pretty active and the new management here has taken a number of good steps in the direction of caution.

We're all hoping that the "near future" happens soon.
Good to know that there are locals around!

Those cybersquatter fiends always out to make a quick buck. :tempertantrum Where's the love? Hopefully smoother waters are in the future.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blitzoid said:
With or without the soft-top?

and really... wouldn't you rather have a Forester STI?

Welcome!
With a sunroof of course...

oooooOOOooooo, Forester STi!!! Very niiiiiice. :drool: I had no idea that it even existed. Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Welcome WindChaser, just to give you a heads up GTWorks in Columbia MD, http://www.gtworx.com/catalog/index.php, is great! They keep alot of parts in stock, and can order parts for the SF Forester. Just recently got a WhiteLine rear sway bar from them.
Again, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marty said:
Welcome WindChaser! I'm a newbie also, and have learned a bunch from reading posts on this forum.

S2000, huh? One sweet machine! Almost bought one in 2000 when they came out, but couldn't bear to part with my Integra. Whenever I took my Integra to the Honda dealer for servicing, I'd test drive an S2000. After a while I was banned ... something about me drooling on the upholstery!
The S2K sure makes the ol' commute a bit more enjoyable! Just puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,836 Posts
Nachas said:
GTWorks in Columbia MD, is great!
Hey, thanks for the info! I live(d*) there for over 30 years and never knew about them. I'm actually a pretty mild driver and not deeply into modding, but it's still good to know about them.

In the true spirit of cyberspace, they don't ever mention their physical location.

-----

* I've been in the process of moving to New Hampshire for over a year now. It's going much more slowly than I had ever imagined, and I'll really be glad to get this behind me. Life is a mix of the regular daily stuff that has to keep happening plus the stuff associated with moving. And potential jury duty in NH, just when we're trying to wrap up the job in MD. As for car associated stuff, some of my tools are here, some are there, some I have two of, sometimes both are there when the car is here. Wherever here or there might be at the moment.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,836 Posts
WindChaser said:
Hopefully smoother waters are in the future.
We hope too, but the site has apparently been under attack recently by Subie-hating Russian hackers. Beware of weird looking posts.

What's worse, Subie-hating Russian hackers or lawyers?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nachas said:
Welcome WindChaser, just to give you a heads up GTWorks in Columbia MD, http://www.gtworx.com/catalog/index.php, is great! They keep alot of parts in stock, and can order parts for the SF Forester. Just recently got a WhiteLine rear sway bar from them.
Again, welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the info! I'll have to stop by sometime and check them out.

So how do you like the sway bars? What size did you get for the front and rear? I upgraded my old volve 850 with IPD sway bars and it made a world of difference. So I imagine that it corners much flatter, but I guess you lose some offroad agility and gain a bit of harshness when a bump/pothole causes one side of the suspension to be higher than the other. But sounds like a good trade off in my book.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts