Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 FXT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hidy ho guys and gals. I've waited 11 years to buy my first new car. Always felt comfortable in my used high mileage Metro's and Camaro's. Got my first Subaru about 5 years ago. A '95 Legacy L sedan, 2.2 w/5spd. Loved that car, ran great and consistantly got 30+ mpg. Me and the wife was poking fun at getting a new Subaru last week, so we rolled down to the local dealership and see what they had. Didn't much more than walk in the door and they threw the keys to a Forester at us for a test drive. I didn't know what a tight gear shift felt like, awesome test drive.

Well, ended up trading in the 'ol trusty Legacy for a 2010 Forester 2.5X. They only had one 5MT in stock, and that was for me. Not exactly the color we wanted, especially the interior. With two kids (4yr old and newborn) we wanted a dark interior. They cut us a pretty good deal on the "instock" one so we brought it home. Although living in the mountains, the MPG is already registering 28.2, so we may not have lost much on the upgrade from the sedan. Plenty of power and the ride is great for an SUV.

I've been a diehard Chevrolet fan for years and still own quite a few of them.

2 Merto's - '98 and '92 (1.0L 5spd)
2 Camaro's - '87 IROC and '87 Z-28 (5.0/auto and LT1/6spd)
'98 Chevy 2500HD 6.5 Turbo Diesel w/ 5spd.

It was about time for a new car. I hope this Forester gives me great service as my Legacy did for 240,000 miles!!!!

BTW...great website.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester & thank you for the introduction! Post up a picture of your new ride so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Limited
16 Posts
Welcome from Seattle!
Planning any mods to your Subi?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. I bought a 2.5X Limited about a month and so far I'm pretty satisfied. One upgrade I would recommend if you drive on a lot of dirt/gravel roads is a front skidplate. It protects the drivetrain and helps keep some filth out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your new Forester:bananapowerslide:.

·
Registered
2011 FXT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No mods in the future except a trailer hitch and side moldings. Its hard to improve on an already great product.

If I want speed, I'll go grab my IROC. If I need power, I'll get my Diesel Chevy. :D

But really, I couldn't ask for anything better. Mileage is showing 29+ mpg on the first 200 miles on the first tank, and still not half empty yet.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts