Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cant wait for this weekend for our year end "Pointless event" that always entertains. It is pointless as the awards banquet is the night before and everything is just for fun. Being in the Orlando area, and one of our members being a stunt driver for MGM at Disney's Stunt Show, we tend to get some interesting vehicles. Most bring their dailys to save tires and it gets interesting with power slides, e-brake craziness and general "I think I am Ken Block in a 1991 Camaro with 450rwhp." The map looks like big fun and I attached a pic of a previous "Blues" entry. I will take video of the craziness to post. I am hoping to get a foursome in the Foz for a blast through the cones.

:mob:

Maybe I can get them to let me go around the course in Christmas spirit!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
that was a tight finish, course looked fun just like i predicted from the map. thanks for posting, im going thru withdrawl! i wish we had nice weather like you and had a longer season! march cant come soon enough....

also what do you use for a camera/mount?

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like fun, did they let you run with the tree on the roof?
LOL.....the posts on the Autocross board started going towards, "Its your wife's car right? Her rack? I will inspect your wife's rack..." The Safety Steward emailed me and said he didnt want to set precedence.

that was a tight finish, course looked fun just like i predicted from the map. thanks for posting, im going thru withdrawl! i wish we had nice weather like you and had a longer season! march cant come soon enough....

also what do you use for a camera/mount?
I made my own mount between the headrests:

A vid I took of my buds Miata we have been working on that gives you a different perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZW8dgojbc

We plan on running with the Porsche Club next Month which should be a blast.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
How did you fare against the competition? Did you do better than the blues Brothers............those guys are crazy and will do anything to win. :icon_razz:

Is the Porsche club going to Sebring?

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you fare against the competition? Did you do better than the blues Brothers............those guys are crazy and will do anything to win. :icon_razz:

Is the Porsche club going to Sebring?
Results arent up yet but we had 10 in SM and I believe I ended up 4th. Shall see. The Blues Bros pussed out this year but there was a GNX with a big snail that made us step back a work station 2 when he went through the slalom. Also, four guys rented a Jag sedan and had a blast trying to pop the tires of the rims.

The Porsche club is trying a new venue at the new Orange County Convention Center Lot.....soooo....HUGE course is what is being said. I will post up details when I hear.

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
great vid. Just looking at the map made my head hurt!

i wish i could rig up a mount like that, but the sti seats have built in headrests...
I've got a similar problem as I've got a race seat in mine but I've got a similar mount but used the rear headrests and mounted it in the middle. It's great with a wide angle lens and you get the driver action going also.

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
No probs mate. It was a no fuss purchase and the end product is a quality finish, cheap too I thought!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts