Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester L 5MT
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. On an SF, what size fairing fits best between the roof rails? Yakima sells them in 32", 38", and 44". I've just installed Yakima crossbars and LowRider towers, with a couple of Raptor bike racks. I didn't hear much from my LoadWarrior basket when I had that, but this set-up sans fairing definitely makes a little noise. I don't have the car at home at the moment otherwise I'd just measure the distance myself and go from there.

Thanks, everyone.
Steve

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
I will measure my thule fairing tomorrow and let you know. What i do know is the one that was spec'd for my car was shorter than i would have picked, then when i put it on my car i was like "oh, ok, good thing i didn't get that wider one."

Sitting on my sofa thinking about it, i'm thinking it's 32" but i will measure tomorrow.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
The Thule spec'd one I have is 38" wide, which gives rougly a half inch clearance on either side before it hits the roof rails. So 38" it is!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.