Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2006 sti
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a reply from an email I sent them.
My parts are safe.
I have only used them twice, but they seem an honest lot.
Paul

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
bollox they were my garage of choice

Mocom just dont answer emails, and are inundated with work

Need an alternative for some work

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would say keep well clear of Mocom.

Mog

I'd be interested to know why you say that. I moved from using Xtreme to Mocom and have had him do three jobs, two of which were/are engine out work. Apart from very elastic timescales he's done thorough jobs for us.

Obi

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
If they were your parts then they are stil yours, its only if your a creditor (owed stuff) would you be in trouble.

Simon

·
Registered
2006 sti
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spoke to Paul at Extreme this morning. Paul is working there, booked my car in to have short shift and linkage bushes done.
So my news of their demise a bit premature.
Paul.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Paul

mmm short shift you say what did you go for?

I try and get there during the week if poss, thinking of the 21st / 22nd Dec if he is open

Mocom havnt got back to me about swapping out and setting up the suspension so ill give em a bell......

·
Registered
2006 sti
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paul

mmm short shift you say what did you go for?

I try and get there during the week if poss, thinking of the 21st / 22nd Dec if he is open

Mocom havnt got back to me about swapping out and setting up the suspension so ill give em a bell......
It is an Agency Power one. I got it off ebay, brand new.
Also have a Kartboy rear shifter bushing and a Perrin shifter bushing for Extreme to fit. I took the car in about six weeks ago but did do it because Paul said he wanted to get a spare pin that holds the cable for the reverse lock out, in case he damaged the original on removal.
I was going to have ago myself but... well I am a bit to lazy to be honest.
Will be looking for a set of coilovers next spring. Not sure what make, BC look good value.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
coilovers...............nice

I have gone for KYB shocks flat out springs and some adjustable top mounts

fancy changing the gear shift, that will be another £60 quid then

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd be interested to know why you say that. I moved from using Xtreme to Mocom and have had him do three jobs, two of which were/are engine out work. Apart from very elastic timescales he's done thorough jobs for us.

Obi
I have to be careful what I say on a public forum but I inherited alot of problems resulting in a new engine.

Mog

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
just booked i with xtreme to swop out suspension, trouble is they have sold off their allignment geometry set up

so will have to get it done some where else, poss Mocom, if they get back to me

1 - 20 of 37 Posts