Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know because yesterday one used me to stop on the outer-loop. He hit me doing about 35 while I was stopped, luckily I saw him coming when my entire review was blue and let off the brake, then had to slam on it to keep from hitting the car in front of me.

The damage is on the top of my rear bumper and my gate. Its all right in the middle of the Foz, no broken lights the bumper doesn't even look dislodged. Nasty looking gouges on the top of it and lots of blue pant, and the gate is dented all around the license plate and bar. Plus the piece where the Subaru logo sits is lose in the corners up by the window. I am about 99% sure if I opened my gate I couldn't get it to close again. Needless to say I am pissed, and I am extra pissed becalms I just got the Foz in the beginning of February.

Two good things I guess, first if it was my old car a 98 contour SVT it would not have been pretty for me at all. Second, I dunno if the bar on the bottom of the gate is standard on all 06-08 models but mine had one and it tore up the front of his car. It bent his license in half and basically knocked off part of its lower bumper. +1 for the Subbie. I still can't believe he hit me hard enough to deploy his airbag and my car doesn't look that bad, now we will see when the insurance gets to looking at it and I take it to a body shop. My bet is I need a new rear gate. I'll get some pics up later today.

Me and the car have totally bonded

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
That really sucks :icon_frown: Glad you are okay.

Reminds me of when I just bought my '04 XT...I had it only 2 weeks and my sister backed into it with her Xterra...man, I was pissed!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
Condolences.
Was there by chance a cell phone involved?
Here in New Jersey that kind of stupidity is common, it causes a lot of damage and backs up traffic for miles.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
sorry to hear this. i hate 495. worst road in the country. hope every get worked out
Correction. 66 is the worst road in the country. 495 is the second. I hate I66 with a firey passion.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
^Agreed.

The Beltway sucks, but 66 is worse. To me, anyway.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got my estimate of record so now I just need to find a shop. Stohlmans said to go to Ray's autobody in vienna but I am not sure how much I trust Stohlmans.

I'm not messing with that place, after talking to my mechanic I'm going to a local place. Since he took such great care of my old car I'll take his word over a dealerships.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
small update; She is being painted as we speak, I had the power coat black bar on the gate, was already there when I bought it. The shop cannot find one anywhere, they say it must have been aftermarket. Sad though cause I liked it

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
^ Check the OEM accessories for the 00-04 and '05-09 Outbacks. I think it was actually an Outback accessory! I know it was in the catalog at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts