Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.0XT Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my CPO '17 XT Touring a little over two weeks ago. Have been loving every minute of it. After getting gas at a WaWa, i was trying to leave and noticed a gigantic Infiniti QX80 making a U-Turn so she could leave. I stopped so she could continue reversing, but she just didn't stop.....

Ran into the front bumper and front driver-side fender once. And upon impact, gave it a bit more gas and did some extra damage.

I am heartbroken and nothing i can do about it now. Happened too fast for me to react and get out the way. I thought she would've had a back-up camera or sensors, but even if she did, she probably was on her phone or not paying attention.

Anyway, should I make sure I drop off my car to a Subaru Certified Collision Center?

Car can be driven, and it is about 12 miles away, so not bad at all. It doesn't seem like anything else was damaged under the hood, but the front bumper and fender will definitely need to be replaced. Just want to make sure OEM parts are used and the car is restored to what it was.

:crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 2.0XT Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First things first, you need to roll the car back upright!
Ha... i don't know why it uploaded like that, and i can't seem to rotate it now.

It does seem like Subaru's certified shop network is actually a new thing that rolled out this year. It's a bit further away but i think i will just end up going to a certified collision center.

https://www.subaru.com/owners/certifiedcollision.html

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
799 Posts
Ouch - what a pain! Sorry to hear about that. The roads seem full of distracted drivers these days; it has turned into a battlefield out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts