Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Limited
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So corporate said XT sales only accounted for 10% of the Forester sales as a main reason to end the model . Well if there had been more available at dealerships more than 10 % may have been purchased . My dealership near Chicago had none in 2016 when I bought my forester and my salesman said about 1 in 10 made are XT's so what did they expect ? They had over 100 foresters on the lot and no Xt's . Maybe some day the 2.4 T will show up ?

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,022 Posts
2.4T is the engine in the Ascent. I highly doubt it will be used in a Forester.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,209 Posts
Last figure I read was 5%. And around here in Southeastern PA — where Subarus are thick on the ground and SubiHQ is just across the river — the dealers always had more XTs than they could sell. Some still have leftover 2018 XTs.

Subaru also knows exactly how much demand there was for every individual feature, from heated seats to turbochargers, among people who ordered their Foresters. If there was in fact a shortage of XTs on the lots, there should have been a corrsponding increase of orders for them. Maybe there was, but the grand total was still 5%.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,308 Posts
Last figure I read was 5%. And around here in Southeastern PA — where Subarus are thick on the ground and SubiHQ is just across the river — the dealers always had more XTs than they could sell. Some still have leftover 2018 XTs.
So very true. I was at the dealer today for an oil change and saw the same 2018 XT Touring on the lot they have had since the beginning of summer. XTs just do not sell well in our area.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,031 Posts
This was in the USA Today section of my local newspaper...

Thru October, Subaru has hit its 83rd consecutive month of sales growth.

October Forester Sales led the pack for Subaru, selling 15, 981 units (no breakdown of 2018 .v. 2019 units). A 19% increase over the previous month.

Doesn’t look like the lack of turbo models has had much impact so far...

My local dealership sells lots of Foresters, but very few XT’s...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts