Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any XT guru's in the New York/ Long Island area looking to make a little extra cash? I am looking into buying an XT in the area that needs a new turbo but would like to see if anyone can go check it out for me in the next couple of days or so. (I'll have to check with the seller to see if it's all right first) Or if anyone knows a good Subaru mechanic in the area that would be available to inspect it. I know from the seller that the turbo is bad and that he took it apart to replace it but never finished. He also said it is missing a seat heater switch but what I'd like to find out is if there is a significant rust problem, if the engine looks alright otherwise, electrical, if any major parts are missing from disassembly, etc. I'm willing to pay for your time so let me know if any one is interested.

Thanks
JohnThomas Sorrels

hopefully this is the appropriate section for this, if not please move or let me know and I'll delete and post in the right area.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
sleeperxt and fourortwowheels come to mind. They both live on Long Island. I could go, but I'm not mechanically inclined.

As for dealerships, Metric Subaru and North Coast Subaru are highly rated among the subie community here.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
110 Posts
GURU

I might not be a guru but I've taken my FXT apart enough and I have performed a turbo swap on my last FXT. Best of all I'm a town over from Merrick and can take a look and get photos for you for no charge. i would talk to sleeperxt for mechanic services, he might be the cheapest of options

1 - 6 of 6 Posts