Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my XM cuts out frequently on my new 2104. Sometimes the signal is totally lost and the display says, "Loading...." Could it be the trial subscription or something? XM in our '07 Accord has never done this unless driving through a tunnel or under a bridge.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
My xm was always horrible by me there are a lot od dead zones and tunnels never help reception. I cancel the service when it expires.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mine only fails to get a signal when I'm in my garage or traversing canyons. Aside from spots where the terrain physically blocks the signal like those, mine has been crystal clear. :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Forester Satelite Radio poor signal

If your thinking of buying a new forester so far its a nice car just dont buy the GPS/Siruisxm option. First your forced in to buying the gps to get Satellite radio and then the signal is so bad we wont be keeping the service when the free trial ends. We have been Siruis listners for 6 years and we just wasted $1,100 oh and my 100 buck Garmin works 10 times better than the gps. I have had the car to the dealer twice and they just say that's normal but I have a Mercury factory installed system and it never drops off and no constant hissing on exactly the same route. I also have emails to both Subaru corporate and SiriusXm. I suggest that anyone with this problem contact both company's immediately and complain.

·
Registered
161 Posts
In my 2009 I find the XM reception worse in the summer time. I live in a county with alot of trees, and it appears if I drive through an area with tree's around, the leafs probably block the signal so I quite frequently loose my signal in those areas, and is quite annoying. Otherwise I can't complain

·
Registered
78 Posts
If your thinking of buying a new forester so far its a nice car just dont buy the GPS/Siruisxm option. First your forced in to buying the gps to get Satellite radio and then the signal is so bad we wont be keeping the service when the free trial ends. We have been Siruis listners for 6 years and we just wasted $1,100 oh and my 100 buck Garmin works 10 times better than the gps. I have had the car to the dealer twice and they just say that's normal but I have a Mercury factory installed system and it never drops off and no constant hissing on exactly the same route. I also have emails to both Subaru corporate and SiriusXm. I suggest that anyone with this problem contact both company's immediately and complain.

I have a 2014 with the HK system. I live in NE PA. XM is excellent with no problems. The radio sometimes cuts out but only in the same exact places that my previous radios did in my other vehicles. There must be something wrong with your radio or antenna.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone-

If you have any questions, or concerns about your reception, please send us an email with your contact information, name, phone number, and if you have it, your account number to [email protected], and we'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've had XM since 04. it hates dense trees large buildings and such but over all its a great service. I personally hate regular radio and a lot of where I travel has spotty cell service so pandora or other streaming stuff cuts out much more often the XM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had Sirus for 6 years and it worked great with no drop offs but the new Forester is a different story. Subaru no help with problem they claim there's no problem and are blaming it on Sirius.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crossbars on Luggage Rack

Hi, my XM cuts out frequently on my new 2104. Sometimes the signal is totally lost and the display says, "Loading...." Could it be the trial subscription or something? XM in our '07 Accord has never done this unless driving through a tunnel or under a bridge.
I read somewhere else that it might be the rear crossbar on the luggage rack that is interfering with the signal. I moved mine forward away from the shark fin antenna. Now I'll have to see if that improves my intermittent signal. I'll let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
sscarr241
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing