Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mr. July 2008
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to buy your salvaged or crashed or broken down or ridiculously cheap 1998-2002 Forester. Only thing I'm concerned with is that the roof DOES NOT have a sun/moon roof and is completely straight and intact.

Side impact, straight roof? I'll take it.
Front impact, straight roof? I'll take it.
Rear impact, straight roof? I'll take it.

Lemme know what you got. I'm located in Southern California. Will travel depending on the deal.

Travis

·
Registered
271 Posts
Chop Top Travis - nice

I hope you plan on fully caging cause your chopped roof won't do you much good strengthwise. There was article that revealed the secret to the strength of the Forester roof. There a a super-strong re-bar like piece in the B-pillar that the jaws-of-life could not cut. I'm not sure if your year has this - What makes a Subaru, a Subaru: Subaru Ring-Shaped Reinforcement Frame

Oh and don't forget to leave room for your helmet. I don't think your chopped top foz would look good with this ---

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Targa F0Z...Yeah!!!.....
Wait..That sounds flexxy! no ****..
Are you welding a non-sunroof cap onto your tubular carcass?
Why not keep your cap, and fill hole w/ plexiglass or cf?
Guesssing class related..no?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
According to my hubby it may be more economical for you to just get a new roof skin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.