Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting the intergrated rear hatch latch??

I'm getting a dimly light door ajar light on constanly. I have access to the mechanism but before I start pulling it apart I wanted to ask here for experienced opinions.

Looking at the service manual it seems that the door switches complete the circuit when closed, and break it when open.

thanks in advance

dm

02 wrx wagon

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
I would check the latch you might have corrosion or bad switch.

joe r

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Welp best thing is pull it apart & pull wire off switch.If light goes away its switch.If light stays on you have a bigger issue.

joe r

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welp best thing is pull it apart & pull wire off switch.If light goes away its switch.If light stays on you have a bigger issue.

joe r
My quick read of the service manual is indicating that when switch is closed it completes the circuit. So my plan is to pull the switch and jumper it and see if the problem persists.

I just thought with all the subaru experience here on the board someone might have some helpful hints before I mess it all up.

dm

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe temperature related but door ajar light isn't dim over the last couple days.

I have the rear hatch inner cover off, maybe I'll take some images when I'm trying to troubleshoot this.

dm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts