Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that Speed TV in their infinite wisdom has has decided not to carry any coverage of the 2006 WRC series, and no other channel seems to have stepped up to the plate so far, I suppose it's time for us rally junkies to get our fix on the net. Here's a few sites I have found for downloads of the first WRC event of the year (Monte Carlo - Jan. 20-23):

http://enormouslysideways.net/wrc2006.html
http://rally.stanis.info/index.php?sort=date
www.mininova.org

If you have slow connection and dl is not an option, pm me and I can burn a DVD for you.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Thank You I was gonna watch it live on the wrc site. THIS IS UDDER STUPIDITY!
IM upset about speed not hosting the events anymore so the fans can watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Email Subaru of America and Subaru Word Rally Team (www.swrt.com) your concerns. Hopefully they can help land a deal for the WRC on some channel in North America. Subaru seemed to have every other commercial on Speed's WRC coverage last year. :)

The Eurosport feeds of the WRC rallies are there for the offering. Someone just has to pick them up.

Here's Subaru of America's response to my email:

"Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your comments!

Our Marketing Department is aware of Speed Channel's decision to drop WRC
coverage. They are seriously evaluating the situation at this time. As you
can imagine, WRC has had a noticeable effect on Subaru product sales in the
World so of course, this is of great concern to us as well.

We have heard that OLN might possibly pick up where SPEED left off, but we do not have any confirmation of this yet. If you have any other comments, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Best wishes,"

Every email helps.

From a very satisfied 05 Subaru Forester XT owner. :D

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOHCammin said:
I thought it was being picked up after rally mexico?
Maybe so. I heard rumors about OLN taking over WRC coverage, too (they already cover rallies like the Dakar rally), but I checked their programming schedule and couldn't find any reference to it just yet.

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
How about an e-mail campaign to OLN asking them to pick up the WRC (if they haven't already)??? Thank them for covering the Dakar rally, and politely point out that it needs an hour of coverage everyday, then let them in on the fact that there are many rally fans wanting good WRC coverage at a reasonable hour.

Then never watch SPEEDTV again!!!!

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
I have emailed speed,wrc and OLN and have got no reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts