Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the post. Our '17 had the condenser replaced in summer 2019 and it "appears" to have the "011" suffix but with the final "1" handwritten... This may be before they established the labels for the final "good" condensers...or not. Aha--it looks like production date is 8/22/18, which would put it well beyond the problem dates for the condensers... View attachment 550522
Is this easy to access? I'd like to check mine, but I'm not sure if I have the right tools or muscle strength to get to it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Is this easy to access? I'd like to check mine, but I'm not sure if I have the right tools or muscle strength to get to it. Thanks!
Super easy to pull off the snorkel to check. the sticker is buried pretty low though so you might need your phone to take a pic and then zoom in to find out the number.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am in the same boat with the firmware on my head unit. Did you have issues with your SiriusXM account?
Yeah I had issues with the list not showing up and occasionally the HU would freeze and not let me change SXM stations. Not sure if it resolved that issue but I applied the latest version.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
35 Posts
Mine was built in August of '16 and I got the notification from SOA. I've already made arrangements with the advisor I always work with to have it done along with the 60K service. Currently at 56 and change.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,072 Posts
Hey, this is a curiosity thing. I posted a phone pic of my replacement (from summer '19) condenser in post #8 of this thread and naturally fell into the cell phone approach because no way I could see it otherwise :)

My Q is on supplier--are all original and replacement condensers labled as Valeo, or do some come from other manufacturers? I never looked at my original condenser label but my replacement condenser says Valeo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If we already had to fix this on our own, will they refund us?

Yes. Page 8 of the WRB-21 PDF has the letter sent out to people.. and it has this in there:

IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY PAID FOR A REPAIR

If you have already paid for repairs associated with this coverage, you may be eligible for reimbursement. Reimbursement consideration will be based on the amount an authorized Subaru retailer in your area would charge for the same repair.

Please send the original service repair order, which has the name of the repair facility, date of repair, mileage at the time of repair, complete 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN), and your name, with correct mailing ad- dress and telephone number to the address listed below.

Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer Advocacy Department, Attention: WRB-21 Service Program
P.O. Box 9103
Camden, NJ 08101-9877

Please send original receipts only and retain a photocopy for your records. Please be assured that we will attempt to process your reimbursement request as quickly as possible, but it may take up to 60 days for this process to be completed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hey, this is a curiosity thing. I posted a phone pic of my replacement (from summer '19) condenser in post #8 of this thread and naturally fell into the cell phone approach because no way I could see it otherwise :)

My Q is on supplier--are all original and replacement condensers labled as Valeo, or do some come from other manufacturers? I never looked at my original condenser label but my replacement condenser says Valeo.
The new one is indeed a Valeo, as was my old one.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts