Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one just now that shows two owners, the first one bought new and sold at 39, 382... second owner bought and then three years later (with no other entries in between) this shows up:

03/22/2009 773,811 Pep Boys
*********, **
www.pepboys.com Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated

Wow! The listed mileage on the ad is 86,000... so did they wrap the odometer around zero again with 230,000 miles plus 86,000 more or did someone's finger just slip at Pep Boys and add that 3 after the 77s that had no place there?

I know it's most likely a typo... It looks promising otherwise, but that part of the Carfax looks very fishy... then again I read somewhere on here where someone's car turned out to have been repo-ed and didn't show up at all on Carfax, Opinions? Would you worry about that at all on an otherwise good car?

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
645 Posts
I don't trust CarFax at all anymore, but this obviously seems like a typo

Buddy of mine wiped out the front end of his car. Fully covered, no worries, insurance pays. Reputable shop does repairs...extensive repairs. Check CarFax two years later and not a single thing reported by the shop or the insurance company. His insurance carrier is one of the premium carriers also.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep hearing about these kind of things. Hopefully though in this case it is something showing up on the report that didn't actually happen, instead of the other way around!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts