Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
ZuMBLe said:

Its a trick question right? Both??

I had a UUC Ti KNob on one of my S4's and it was really nice and heavy for excellent pendulum effect. Looked and felt great too. I kept the little velvet bag it came in over it in the heat of summer and dealt with a warm-up period in the winter. My Kartboy knob has the same issues, but is lighter and not as round.

Btw- I really like that knob pictured, and also the other Sti Ti that is round with no flat spot on top for the shift pattern. I drove an Sti with the latter knob recently and really liked the feel. Mostly personal preference I suppose.

My .02

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess the answer is the knob would pretty much get extremely cold and extremely hot. =( I really like the knob pictured but I really don't want to deal with the hot and cold. =( I guess I can forget about it then.

N10S said:
Its a trick question right? Both??

I had a UUC Ti KNob on one of my S4's and it was really nice and heavy for excellent pendulum effect. Looked and felt great too. I kept the little velvet bag it came in over it in the heat of summer and dealt with a warm-up period in the winter. My Kartboy knob has the same issues, but is lighter and not as round.

Btw- I really like that knob pictured, and also the other Sti Ti that is round with no flat spot on top for the shift pattern. I drove an Sti with the latter knob recently and really liked the feel. Mostly personal preference I suppose.

My .02

Jeff

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have had this shift knob for over a year now. It feels like holding a can of cold drink during the winter, so I drive with a bike glove now. Frost will form when it is real cold and moisture gets near. But it is not bad for the summer though. Once the AC starts to flow in hot summer day, it is okay. I really like the look, and especially the feel of it.

If you want to see and "feel" it in person, let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh man. I would love to see how it looks in the car but I don't think I have any interest in feeling it. =( I think you described my fears. Is there a reason why you still use the knob? Haha.. Do you like it that much that you'll put up with the hot and cold?

F1 Rox said:
I have had this shift knob for over a year now. It feels like holding a can of cold drink during the winter, so I drive with a bike glove now. Frost will form when it is real cold and moisture gets near. But it is not bad for the summer though. Once the AC starts to flow in hot summer day, it is okay. I really like the look, and especially the feel of it.

If you want to see and "feel" it in person, let me know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well, you saw the price of it...if I buy it, why not use it... Yes, I love it.

Seriously, to me, the driving feel is the most important aspect. I think the metalic knob allows me to have a smoother shifting motion as I feel my hand is not sticking to the knob with leather. I also love how it looks. It is a nice simple design that looks classy. Compare to others like Momo, in my opinion, they all look cheap. I would love to try out the delrin knob offered by the fellow member, as I'm sure it feels wonderful. As for it being hot and cold, it really is not a problem once I got used to it (cold temp around freezing is another story though). I just like the luxurious feel of the cool smooth metal...

You can always alternate...

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I get my delrin knob you can check it out. Install it in your car and you can take me for a ride.. =P

F1 Rox said:
Well, you saw the price of it...if I buy it, why not use it... Yes, I love it.

Seriously, to me, the driving feel is the most important aspect. I think the metalic knob allows me to have a smoother shifting motion as I feel my hand is not sticking to the knob with leather. I also love how it looks. It is a nice simple design that looks classy. Compare to others like Momo, in my opinion, they all look cheap. I would love to try out the delrin knob offered by the fellow member, as I'm sure it feels wonderful. As for it being hot and cold, it really is not a problem once I got used to it (cold temp around freezing is another story though). I just like the luxurious feel of the cool smooth metal...

You can always alternate...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts