·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just having a look at my fuses under the hood,
and found that the 20amp fuse for the main fan was blown
no over heating tho ?

that would hardly effect the performance would it?

couldn't be that simple!!!!

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Doubt it... fan only cuts in when the engine starts to get too hot anyway. Fuse blowing might be another symptom though - not sure if anything else runs off that fuse.

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doubt it... fan only cuts in when the engine starts to get too hot anyway. Fuse blowing might be another symptom though - not sure if anything else runs off that fuse.
im just thinking about when i got my rolling road test done if it was blown then would that make for a bad result, as i heard some one making a slight ref to it looks like it was too hot and the ecu would of retarded the power !!!

could be wrong tho

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
If the main fan isn't working, and your gauge is not showing as over-heating, then something else is wrong for sure. Shouldn't effict performance much though, as long as your engine doesn't pop.

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
I know we all want big numbers on the dyno but....

Last time I had mine on there they let it sit idling for 15 mins until it was fully heat soaked. OK you may not get the V high numbers but if it's tuned for the worst case scenario you can be reasonably confident that it will be a safe tune. Chasing the last degree of advance and the leanest a/f will make you feel good until

pop:icon_cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts