Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Newbie here, about to enter the world of Foresters with a great FXT from a fellow forumner.

I am thinking about retrofitting HID projector lamps into an '04 to substantially improve lighting, but the fact that low and high beams are separate lamps in the '06 seems to be a better option for the project.

Does anyone know if the '06 lamp will fit in an '04?

thanks

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Highly highly highly highly unlikely. But I have nothing to back up that statement. I wouldn't even want to deal with the wiring too. From what I've read headlight wiring is not a strong feature of Foresters.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JM1 said:
Highly highly highly highly unlikely. But I have nothing to back up that statement. I wouldn't even want to deal with the wiring too. From what I've read headlight wiring is not a strong feature of Foresters.
Was there a minor body work change in the '06 from the '04s up in the hood or front fender areas?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Singlefin said:
Was there a minor body work change in the '06 from the '04s up in the hood or front fender areas?

That would be correct

A member here upgraded his forester with the older style headlights with HID lighting.. should be the same as the 04

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
I happened to be parked next to an '06 today and was looking at the differences.
Headlamp assy, grille, bumper, fog light assy, hood and front qtr panels are all different (basicly the whole front end).
Doors, sides and rear are the same.
Side mirrors, hatch trim (& glass?) and tail lights round out the list of changes.

Short answer: no.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
I've got these hids on my 06 fxt - presume then that these would be a straight swap ?
Would someone with an 06 without the Hids be able to put mine on easily ?
Thanks
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts