Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a custom enclosure im am making for my RE Audio SE 10" 600 RMS. Still trying to figure out what im going to do about placement for an amp, possibly on the side or under the seat but worried about it getting stepped on.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Not sure how big your amp is, but if it's a smaller one, I would just cap off your box about 6-inches in, make the side facing the seat a notched area to mount the amp/wires/cap......

Something like this crappy drawing.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use to have 2 12" re se's and personally they are the two loudest subs i have hear before, compared to what you can get from your local best buy or car audio store, even better than jl w6s IMO. But ebay is the quickest shipper of re audio i have dealt with. I blew one of the 12's and ordered one through dealercostcaraudio.com however they were slow because everyone of their orders were sent to RE Audio and the sub had to be built for order. They offer the best prices ive seen but they do take some time. Id check ebay, their prices are resonable

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah when i decide on an amp i will post more pics of the route i decided to take. it might be a while because i gotta spend my money on a retune because i got ride of my slippin clutch the other day and kinda low on cash. Id guesstimate around a month or two but ill bring the thread back from the dead

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
i use to have 2 12" re se's and personally they are the two loudest subs i have hear before, compared to what you can get from your local best buy or car audio store, even better than jl w6s IMO. But ebay is the quickest shipper of re audio i have dealt with. I blew one of the 12's and ordered one through dealercostcaraudio.com however they were slow because everyone of their orders were sent to RE Audio and the sub had to be built for order. They offer the best prices ive seen but they do take some time. Id check ebay, their prices are resonable
Anything is better than Best Buy! Soo...how is the sound quality. For instance: I'm used to Diamond Audio's subs. Would RE give me some better sound. Don't really care for the SPL (sound pressure level).

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honestly i couldnt really tell you but with the 2 12's I had in a ported box, you could hear different levels of bass that you would normally hear as the same frequency as with other subs i have listened to. IMO you cant go wrong for the price and what these subs can really do. I have also had them in a sealed box and it was much more precise. I do believe that the jl w6 are better for sq but i feel it a little lacky in the spl when i compared them to mine when we swapped boxes to see how they differed. I would even try sending an email to RE Audio and asking them which model of their subs are better for SQ and see if there within you price range. Their website is reaudio.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you were looking for sq out of the RE SEs I would recommend the spec sealed box, when running the port depending on you tuning of the box you will get a much more of a boom sound rather than a snappier sound out of this sub. I have played with the sub in a 34hz ported box on 800w Diamond D7 amp, and the only thing I did not like about the sealed was the sub seemed like it was out of the sound stage. All in all this looks awesome and good luck with your setup.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
If you were looking for sq out of the RE SEs I would recommend the spec sealed box,
I approve of this comment. :biggrin: Sealed box will create much more focused and cleaner sounding bass.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i agree 100% on the sealed for SQ. I think im going to run RE speakers and im developing a way to mount the subs where the spare tire goes but also keeping the spare. I will post up some pics on what im thinking about doing and you guys let me know what you think. Also today i decided to weld together a simple metal brake for a splitter project im working on for my css tmic. Ill b picking um some aluminum tomorrow and im going to start a thread and show you how that is coming along. Figure id finish some small stuff while i wait for a cv boot and tranny seal from subaru.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts