Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an entire used 06-STi interior in mint condition for $350. Heaters and side airbags on the front-seats.

Had zero issues with fitment, straight bolt on. I had to swap over the seatbelt thingy though. Took me about 45 minutes in total.

Very nice timing since I also replaced my swaybars (Rallitek F+R 22mm adj) and end-links (Kartboy) this weekend.. now I can turn and still stay in the seat.

:woohoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Looks great! Any issues with the rest of the swap?

BTW (not to thread jack, you can PM me)

What do you think of those Rallitek bars? I've been checking out the exact upgrade.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! Any issues with the rest of the swap?

BTW (not to thread jack, you can PM me)

What do you think of those Rallitek bars? I've been checking out the exact upgrade.
It looks like the doorsides will fit, rear-seat will definitely be a challenge (I think that I've seen someone who made it fit). I'm gonna stick with my original doorsides and rear seat.

Off topic:
The rear swaybar was a perfect fit. I went for the "kit" with the beefier mounts. Got it mounted on the middle position but might go for the stiffest later on.

The front was not as good. The original FSB had some curves but the Rallitek one was totally straight. When mounted I noticed that it was quite close to the endlinks. I'm stock height, and I think that there might be a chance of the ends of the bar hitting the links if I would go lower.

If anything, I think there must be a "curved" one with better fitment. At least, it turns like it should now :)

I'm using the Kartboy endlinks.

I also have STi lateral links that I was planning to fit but they turned out to be a real pain. Turned out you have to drop the entire hub and pull the shaft to get the bolts out. Ran out of time and will have my dealer put them on.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you do about the passenger SRS weight sensor? Do you have an airbag light illuminated in the dash?
There's no weight-sensor in the European models. That was actually the reason that I got the seats in the first place. The guy had a WRX JDM-import and he found out the hard way.. he gave up on trying to fix that specific issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts