Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wonderful experience @ Subaru dealership in Tokyo PICS ADDED!

Hello all,
I was just in Tokyo yesterday and decided to go to visit the local Subaru dealership in Tachikawa. Upon entering the showroom, I walked past the S204 and immediately asked if they had a Forester STI so I could snap a couple of pics. The salesperson took me upstairs and there it was a blue STI! Wow! It looks great in pics, but it was beautiful in person. As I started to take pics, the salesperson uttered two words that I will never forget, "Test Drive?" I stood there in a state of shock for a couple of seconds and finally said, "Hell Yeah!" He threw me the keys, and we were off! The combination of driving on the opposite road and trying to "test" the car was almost as entertaining as the expression on the salesperson's face during this "spirited" drive. The main differences that I noticed between a stock FXT and the STI (other than the noisy Brembos) was the linear power of the STI, the ricaro style racing seats, and the silky smooth transmission. I was also surprised that ride was in no way harsh, but the STI handled so much better than the FXT. This whole experience has ben so surreal, I still feel like its a dream! I will post pics when I get back.
E

Attachments

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
Holy crap.

I await pics!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
You lucky SOB!! :biggrin:

:ttiwwop:

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I fully expect you to come back with a fresh suitcase full of the JDM goodies we're looking for.

Namely the alternator belt cover from the Forester, and some catalogs.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
Wow nice... I was too embarassed to walk into a dealership in Japan... would I have known they were so nice... damn.. all those opps when I was in Japan.. doh...

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
OK you guys, taking a look at the number of posts each of you have, now who's the post ho?
-Quick

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Japan is one of the places on my "to go to places before I die"

Also on the list

Germany

India

and probally Australia

As far as the post ho, I would vote for pleaid, though, as myself considered, I probally have the most useless posts on this board ;)

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Sakura [cherry blossom] season is the best time to visit Japan. Beautiful weather and cute girls all way around.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Quicksilver said:
OK you guys, taking a look at the number of posts each of you have, now who's the post ho?
-Quick
Looking solely at members in THIS thread...

Pleiad7 is top of the list...as she is anywhere on the board.

SenorSubie is second on the list...but number 3 overall behind SirWilliam.

I'm third on the list...however, I have another ahead of me on the board...

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Don't forget to get some pics up :wink:

I can also assure you sirwilliam would have posted in here also, but he hasn't been on the board since thursday :think:

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
WOW must of been fun. cant belive they let u TEST DRIVE IT (if it was me I would of had to change my pants before I got in) Get the pics up soon cant wait to see them
now why dont they sell them in north america????

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
OMG... sensory overload!! Looking at the walls full of STi goodies, I'd be like a kid i a candy store... :drool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts