Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 Forester EJ25D, just rebuilt the motor.
Wiring Harness Grey plug next to PCV tubing, I have no clue where it goes. It’s coming off the same branch that the three big plugs feed from (they’re red and white) There are no female plugs within reach. I’ll try and post a picture later, but I’m going nuts trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, maybe this information can help. So, I went back to the junkyard to do a little research on a 98’ that I’ve pulled some parts off recently and looked to see if it also had the connection. Mine’s a manual whereas the junkyard fozzy is an auto, and the first thing I noticed was that there is some sensor mounted on the top right of the auto trans.
Long-story-short, is the plug/connection I’m looking for not applicable on a manual transmission?
Maybe someone else with the 5MT can take a look under the hood and see if there is a connection (gray plug/black and white wires) without a home. Thanks again to anyone with some idea.

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
326 Posts
Sounds like your theory might be correct...manual vs auto. Are you getting a CEL in relation to the unplugged connector?

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No CEL’s. I’ve got an Air Bag light, but I’m reasoning that it’s unrelated.
After some more research I believe the connection on the junkyard subie was a speed sensor (correct me if I’m wrong).
If so, where are speed sensors located on the 5MT? Or are they elsewhere?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts