Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester Automatic
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've googled, I swear. I've found '07 WRX schematics, I've found 2005 Forester schematics. But I haven't been able to find '07 schematics.

I'm wondering if I can retrofit the 2005 clock to the 2007 harness AND run a pair of LEDs tapped to the '07 harness to indicate whether the passenger bag is on or off. I suspect that the logic to determine whether the bag is on or off is in the clock (similar to the WRX) which would defeat my plan. But if the logic is done elsewhere and all the clock contains is a pair of LEDs that are powered on or off, then I can surface mount two external LEDs somewhere, tap them into the '07 harness, and use a sticky-backed label to show that one is for "Passenger Airbag ON" and "Passenger Airbag OFF."

Does anyone have a diagram? Feedback on what I'm describing?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Automatic
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go, '06-'08 clock. :wink:

Bobby...
You are the man. I'm optimistic that my idea will work. Unless there is some kind of magic going on inside the "Dimmer and [unreadable] Power Circuit" box, I should be able to do what I'm thinking.

Thank you very much. I've read your threads about the gauge pod installs. Very inspirational.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Automatic
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a look at this post. :wink:
How on earth did I miss that??

Thank you for all the help. I just purchased an '05 clock on ebay. This Friday I'll buy the OEM pod and at some point in the near future I'll start putting it all together. I intend to use a tri-color LED like this one and just use the yellow and green leads to indicate airbag status.

Once again, thank you for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts