Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about done with putting new head gasket in my mom's '99 Forester
but I cant find what this plug goes to any body know? comes out of the wiring harness for the right bank fuel injectors
Thanks-Dalton
can sombody post the pic for me wont let me post till I have 15 posts
just take the space out of http

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks got that plugged in, but it still isn't running right, idles very poor sometimes dies, seems too rev up ok tho any thoughts
thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Most likely something is unplugged or vacuum line left disconnected. Check your work carefully.

good luck

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked all connectors and vacuum lines found one wire that seems to be broken from the large gray connector behind the intake gonna fix that tomorrow
hopefully that's it, also I do have a CEL gonna scan that too, probably just a bunch of misfire code.
%100 sure I got the timing belt right

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have codes P0102 mass air sensor prob.
and P0325 knock sensor
Im guessing the P0325 is from the engine running like crap.
I cleaned the mass air sensor and it ran great for about 2 min. then started running rough agian
dose this sound like a MAF problem? if so where the cheapest place to find a new sensor?

·
Registered
377 Posts
My manual (99-02) Forester indicates there is no MAF, only an atmospheric pressure sensor. Are you sure about code?

Correct the miss and knock code might not return.

good luck

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
worked on it some more today, on min. it runs great next it dies
It ran great for about 10 min. then started running bad again.
Im lost:icon_frown:

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,071 Posts
Well the only thing I got is, If it ran fine before the HG install it has to be related to the work you did or related to items you touched.

As others have said go over your work step by step pulling it back apart if you have to.

Last year I did a T-belt job for a guy, after firing it up it ran like crap(missing/dead on #2). It wasn't until I started undoing every thing I found the issue. Apparently when I moved items out of the way I some how pulled one of the wires out of the connector for the #2 injector. Soldered the wire back onto the terminal...Ran great.

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya I guess that will be the next step. since it runs good sometimes I dont think its a headgasket/t-belt problem.
also the a/t oil temp light is flashing even when cold and its rev limiting at 3500 rpm's even when driving it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts