Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a winter tyre supplier in UK?
Camskill only do the VREDESTEIN WINTRAC EXTREME in 225/45/18.
I am after either Nokians or Pirelli Sottozero.
Cheers :)

·
Registered
2000 S-Turbo Manual
118 Posts
On a tangent - why not 235/40/18s ?

Is the 'standard' 18" tyre upgrade for 2.5XT, and can also get Toyo from camskill in this size.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
give these a call and ask them, they dont have any listed on the site but they will get tyres on request and will beat camskill on price 90% of the time. If they give you a price higher just tell them camskill are cheaper and you'll probably get them cheaper still.

Available Pirelli Tyres product list | All New Tyres

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cheers guys :)
It seems that Nokian WRG2 are very good according to tests and most affordable.
I will give the above guys a call.
Ducalio, for winter/snow it is best to have an as much narrow tyre/high profile as possible, ideally you would put a smaller rim size as well. I think this helps the tyre to dig more into the snow and flex more.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Has anyone bought from this company before?
They seem very unorganised (or dodgy?!), one day I receive email confirmation that the payment authorisation has gone through , next I get a call saying that they haven't taken the money from the account (they charge the card when the tyres are shipped) from the card because the payment was switched to bank transfer and not credit card (due to me supplying a on UK CC initially) so I have to either pay by bank transfer or make a new order. It has been 2 days now until I got informed about this!
I am a bit worried as I need the tyres by next thursday.

Cheers :)

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,571 Posts
Have used them on several occasions, hence the recommendation.

Have always paid by credit card.

Delivery excellent especially as the Goodyear Eagles I've ordered come direct from Germany via "DPD".

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have used them on several occasions, hence the recommendation.

Have always paid by credit card.

Delivery excellent especially as the Goodyear Eagles I've ordered come direct from Germany via "DPD".
Cheers, I just placed a new order. I hope to have them by next thursday as I am booked for a service and wheel alignment on Friday.
How long does it normally take from when the order is placed until the tyres are delivered? They mentioned they have them in stock.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is what happens when a company is unorganised and run by a bunch of jokers (or their departments have no communication between themselves). This has been going on since Tuesday from mytyres.co.uk ...

1. I initially placed order xxx and provided a non UK credit card. I then got notified that the credit card is not accepted because it was a foreign card and the system switched the payment to bank transfer. I called customer services and provided a UK credit card and then was told that the payment was authorised.

2. I then received an email that once the system switches payment to bank transfer mode it is not possible to switch back to credit card payment and the person on the phone has made a mistake.

3. I called customer services again and was told the best thing would be to cancel the 1st order xxx and place a new order, which i did. So I cancelled order xxx and placed order yyy.

4. Then I got an email that the first order (xxx) has already left the depot so I emailed customer service and called them immediately afterwards in order to cancel the 2nd order yyy. I and was told that the first order xxx will arrive by next thursday. I also received an email to track the progress of order xxx that seemed to have already left the depot.

5. Just now I receive an email saying that order xxx has been cancelled (to prevent fraud!) and the goods will be returned to the depot and the 2nd order yyy will go through!!

I wonder whether the fact that when the first order was placed there was a 8% discount (which I couldn't get when I placed the 2nd order) has to do anything with it.
I let you draw your own conclusions...

It has been frustrating dealing with them as I planned of having the tyres delivered by next thursday and I doubt this will be possible now.

P.S. I just tracked order xxx (the 1st one) and the tyres have already arrived in UK so I guess (see hope) the problem could be their f%^&ing database!

Rant over :mob: , I am off to the bar, lol!

EDIT: I got an email again this morning after explaining the situation and they seem to have realised the problem and are delivering the 1st order now but I won't hold my breath until the tyres have arrived.

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems mate. Been using Mytyres for years and never had any problems. Ordered set of Yokohama Geolanders 6 days ago and they arrived 3 days later after being told a week, and I'm in North of Scotland. Think once they have your details on file you'll be ok in future.

·
Registered
'99 S-turbo
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fpan how the winter tyres working out inthe snow ? Nokian's right ?
Yes Nokians.
I haven't had the chance to drive much in snow apart from tonight on some small roads covered with a bit of fresh snow and ice below it. They are OK though, even managed to brake going downhil without skidding whereas the car in the opposite direction kept spinning the wheels trying to go up a hill.

Mytyres.co.uk have a winter tyre discount at the moment so check it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts