Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
03 Impreza WRX Wagon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all over the boards trying to figure out a set up. I am in the process of getting a 2004 Forester Xt and i am looking for a winter tire set up. I have a set of 4 2005 Legacy gt rims. They are 17 inch rims with a 55mm offset. I'm not sure how wide they are though. I know a guy who has a set of blizzak 215/55/17 for sale and i want to know if this is all going to fit with no rubbing. Any input would help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,719 Posts
The stock offset on your Forester is +48. You can go here & plug in your stock tire/wheel/offset & the new wheel to see if there will be a problem. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
03 Impreza WRX Wagon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a neat tool but can I trust it? It says "Package is 7 mm (0.3'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars." So would that be acceptable for a forester xt?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Those might be alittle close to the rear struts. They'll "most likely" fit, but you might end up needing to use spacers. With stock suspension a 235 with +48 is about the max that fits. The 215 will give you 10 mm more space to the strut, but the et55 wheel will bring it 7mm closer, so you should still have a decent amount of space left. Not sure how blizzaks are for their size (different brands and models tend to be different sizes even if they're the same number size)

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,719 Posts
thats a neat tool but can I trust it? It says "Package is 7 mm (0.3'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars." So would that be acceptable for a forester xt?
I used it to select the tires & wheels on my new to me '07 FSXT. Of course there are differences on tires sizes between brands, so there is always the possiblity of a problem. :wink:

Bobby...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I have +55 WRX wheels with snow tires on my X. If you run 215 wide tires it works just fine. I've ran them for 2 winters with zero issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts