Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Takes a little getting used to my new Michelin X-Ices switching from my 40,000 mile / worn out Geolandars. My Forester drives 16 miles of Nebraska rural roads (gravel) daily. These roads aren't really plowed, unless you count farmer steve driving his tractor through them and running down a one-car wide pathway though the 7 to 8 foot drifts (no kidding). Of course, everyone knows about the 18-26 inches that was dumped on this part of the state by now, well, it hasn't gone anywhere. If you thought the main roads were in bad shape, these roads are worse. I had gotten used to just turning off my traction control with the old tires, as it was constantly pulling me back because I couldn't go anywhere without spinning all over the place. I haven't touched it since installing the Michelins. I am super-effing-man with these tires. Seriously, it is like the difference of driving on snow and dry pavement with my Geos. I have to TRY to break traction with these tires. They say we're going to get another system within the next week or so, and this is the first time I've actually welcomed massive amounts of snow.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Ahhhh yes, I alluded to this in your other thread, you are now feeling the power of the winter tire. Pretty sweet, huh? :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts