Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 55 2.5 Silver XT

I managed to hit a fallen tree branch by the side of road and smash the clear plastic indicator cover on n/s door mirror - its an electrified type - the led indicator lights and mirror adjustment are still working

As the stealer's are mainly closed till next week

Anybody know if the see through cover is available as a separate item or will it be a new complete and very expensive mirror unit?

And where might I be able to get one apart from main stealer's ?

Thanks for any replies

Steve

·
Registered
2003 2.0 Forester X
75 Posts
There is no replacement cover available from the dealer. The option is a complete mirror unit replacement from the stealers. I had to replace mine in November for the MOT and it cost me £447.00 fitted.

I searched for over 10 months in breaker yards for a secondhand one with no success. Go luck to you if you mangae to get a secondhand one.

For my 55 2.5 Silver XT

I managed to hit a fallen tree branch by the side of road and smash the clear plastic indicator cover on n/s door mirror - its an electrified type - the led indicator lights and mirror adjustment are still working

As the stealer's are mainly closed till next week

Anybody know if the see through cover is available as a separate item or will it be a new complete and very expensive mirror unit?

And where might I be able to get one apart from main stealer's ?

Thanks for any replies

Steve

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no replacement cover available from the dealer. The option is a complete mirror unit replacement from the stealers. I had to replace mine in November for the MOT and it cost me £447.00 fitted.

I searched for over 10 months in breaker yards for a secondhand one with no success. Go luck to you if you mangae to get a secondhand one.
Thanks for the reply, I have been in contact with my local Subaru MD, they have told me that a replacement lighting cluster module (all I need) is available - £ 60 ish rather than a replacement mirror.

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Forester Auto
2 Posts
Hi, how did you replace the indicator? I have the spare part, but can't work out how to remove the existing! Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts