Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield Wiper interval speed

So I called a Subaru Service Center as this was bugging me whenever it rains. I turn on the windshield wiper down 1st click, I can change the rotational dial forward or backwards to adjust the speed. It does not change by much but I do see a slight change in speed. I can push the lever down to the 2nd or 3rd click to get a faster windshield wiper interval, however the rotational dial does nothing to adjust the speed at either the 2nd or 3rd click of the lever. So depending on the precipitation for thaf day, I usually find that the slow 1st click is too slow but the 2nd click is too fast (same goes between the 2nd & 3rd click) & I cannot adjust the speed any further using the dial.

Subaru Service Center tells me that the speed adjustment dial is NOT meant to work on the 2nd and 3rd click of the windshield wiper lever. Is this true on all Subaru Forester Sport 2019 models?

Registered
2019 Touring CVT
Mine work fine. The 2nd and 3rd position are constant and not interval. The first position is for light rain/drizzle and has a nice range of wipe. The speed of the wiper is the same regardless of the rotational position, just the time between wipes.

Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
Same with my 2010 and 2018 Foresters as well as Toyotas and Honda that I have owned. The speed adjustment only works on the interval (first down click) mode.

Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
I can push the lever down to the 2nd or 3rd click to get a faster windshield wiper interval, however the rotational dial does nothing to adjust the speed at either the 2nd or 3rd click of the lever.
It won't. I have never encountered a vehicle that does that. Certainly none of the 7 Subarus I've owned.

The dial is only for the first click down to vary the intermittent timing. I have heard vague rumors of 'true variable speed wipers' but have never seen such a car. If they do exist, I'd be curious to know about it as I enjoy such trivia.

Every car I have ever driven has had 2 or 3 possible settings. Intermittent (usually variable), low constant and high constant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts