Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Limited
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick back story... wife was driving to work when a lady decided to merge over onto her, taking out her front drivers side quarter and bumper.

Car was repaired and we're back on the road.

Wife isnt one to bring problems to my attention until a few months pass... the windshield washer works, but doesnt work well.

The squirt seems to dribble out the drivers squirter, and passengers side is dry!

Today, after she mentions it last night, I check to see what the problem is and hope it's an easy fix.

Top off the fluid just to be safe. Hit the washer and see the lack of squirt.

Upon inspection, I find the "tube" doesnt have a kink, but appears to have be pulled from a splice... a broken splice section.

1. Does anyone know if the white plastic splice will likely need replaced?
2. is there a special tool or technique to remove the plastic pins *i'm pointing to in the photos* to open the wiper cowl to gain access to the splice

3. suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
312 Posts
You will likely have to replace the splice by the looks of things. Easy enough to do though, you can find replacement tees at any auto parts store.

To remove those clips there is no special tool or fancy technique. If you can access all of the ones you need remove just squeeze the little wing type retainers (clearly visible in pic 4) on the underside with a pair of needle nose pliers. They should pop right out. If you can't access all of them you may just have to break some off and replace the clips. While not usually the exact type, you can generally find replacement clips that will work at most parts stores as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2014 Premium Manual 6-speed
34 Posts
FWIW - I couldn't get those 'vented cap' clips to release when I removed the cowl which maybe was due to below freezing weather. I ended up just breaking them and securing with zip ties. In my case the Y-splitter for the the washer hoses to the left and right nozzles was broken. It crumbled when I tried pulling off the hoses. I replaced it with a vacuum tee because I didn't have a Y at hand. Also worth mentioning, if you happen to break either of the side cowl panels they are only about $5 at the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts