Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2015 Forester. My front and rear windshield fluid is not spraying. The switch is working just fine but when I try to spray fluid, nothing comes out (I don't hear the pumps working). The Subaru techs have already replaced the switch and tested the fluid pumps by supplying them with power and they confirmed the fluid pumps are working. For some reason it seems like the switch isn't activating the pumps because it doesn't make a pumping noise.

The weather is in the high 80's so the fluid isn't frozen. No blown fuses. What do you guys think the issue could be?

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
457 Posts
Trace the wires from switch to pumps looking for breaks/fraying/obvious damage.

If the techs at your dealership can't find it then they're trash and I would not pay for that service event.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XC Manual
39 Posts
Get a pin and clear out the nozzles where the water comes out. You just never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I brought it to Subaru and they can’t figure it out. There’s power to the switch, the pump was tested with a 12v and it sprayed and they used a multimeter on the switch and end connector for the pump and there’s power. What do you guys think the issue could be?

The wipers work and the back fluid is spraying.

·
Registered
1999 "L" - 231,000 mi. AT
718 Posts
Check your hose lengths. In a Honda my front sprays didn't work and it was because the rubber hoses (that are underneath the engine hood) had strayed and were pinched as the hood closed.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked the hoses and it wasnt kinked. The pump motor for the front doesn’t turn on.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
32 Posts
Sounds like the connector for the front pump motor is not capable of allowing sufficient current [amps] to pass thru to the motor. Look at the terminals inside the connector for corrosion or broken wire strands. If that is good, follow the wire back looking for pinches or breaks.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@hrbutler52 Thanks for the tips! What would be a good replacement part for the connector? If I have to replace the wire, what would be good to use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts