Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the board and a recent purchaser of a 2006 Forester LL Bean. My question is that I found this site:

http://subaru.com.au/explore/forester/accessories.asp?body=Wagon&grade=X

and noticed that there are many more accessories available in the Australian Subaru dealers than in the U.S. I especially wanted the Slimline Weather Shield. There are no U.S. manufactures that cater to Subaru's. Can these accesories be had in the U.S. without incurring the shipping costs of ordering from Australia?

I also thought the Front Sports Grille Code: J1010SA070 was pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS Manual
194 Posts
Though we "speak the same language"...some of the different wording cracks me up - and WOW, there are a LOT more accessories!

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
what's up with that 8 spoke alloy? i've only seen two non XTs with em stock in my area.. everyone else seems to have the cookie alloys. arg to the us market!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all the resource created by this website and positive demeanor of the participants, I was hoping for some positive responses instead of sarcastic humor.:?

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
I had a friend in Oz ship a few Subaru items to me.
The dealers over there won't ship international, so unless you know someone, it's going to be difficult.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess there is some confusion to my original post, I am wondering if there is a place int he U.S. that sells the same parts as the Austrailian dealers, I did not want to have to order from an Austrailian dealer. If the parts are by Subaru and they ship them to Australia from Japan, why couldn't the accessories be made available to the U.S. market.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
No sarcastic humor here, just stating the facts. Subaru of America is different from Subaru of Australia; the Australian accessories are strictly for the AUS market and are not available through the dealer network in the U.S. Like Boca Yid said, unless you can establish a relationship with an Australian member here who is willing to acquire what you are looking for and ship it to you, your chances are not only slim, but non-existent. Heck, even Subie Gal had to do it that way, and she's the parts goddess around here... :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thaaaank You, that was the answer I was looking for, too bad, I'm sure there are many Subaru owners that would like some of the accessories offered on the Australian website. I guess there isn't much we can do to convince Subaru U.S.A. otherwise.:sad:

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
Blacktiger said:
... I guess there isn't much we can do to convince Subaru U.S.A. otherwise.:sad:
Not that we haven't tried.

I got frustrated and called my buddies at AVO (Terry Wilson's Turbo World).
They have offices in both AU and JAPAN so I was able to get what I wanted pretty quickly.
Shipping was NOT cheap, so I ordered a few different things to take the sting out of it.
Sorry I couldn't give you the answer you were looking for.

Try using the Office Depot "easy" button. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts