Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any product on the market that can be applied to the window rubber surrounds.

Mine seem to be a bit dry. Need to soften /freshen them up.

cheers
ubdai

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Ubdai, drop the MR2OC a line, all the t-bar owners have the same problem. i seem to remember a product being available but can't remember the name of it now. Sorry...

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ubdai, drop the MR2OC a line, all the t-bar owners have the same problem. i seem to remember a product being available but can't remember the name of it now. Sorry...
Pardon me for being dumb. MR20C ? Duh found it 'Toyotas MR2 owners club'

ubdai

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Aerospace 303 protectant. There is also another liquid that a friend who is a detailer used last time he did my car but I can't remember the name. I will let you know once I find out.

EDIT> This one: Einszett gummiphledge. BMW dealers sell it.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I know there is a thread on this somewhere. What I do is get an aerosol can of silicone lubricant, spray some on a cotton towel and wipe that on all the weather stripping. Cleans them up and prevents them from getting frozen shut in the winter.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
I used KY Jelly personal lubricant and it worked a treat. However anyone I told about it looked at me in horror. :icon_redface:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
125 Posts
I used KY Jelly personal lubricant and it worked a treat. However anyone I told about it looked at me in horror. :icon_redface:
Huh, as long as you didn't use the "KY Yours+Mine", I think your FOZ will be fine. Otherwise she will be nagging you for more...

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Well you haven't said what you used it for.......

I wouldn't use anything leaving a greasy residue to get on the glass and then get smeared down into the seals myself!

Simon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts