Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are front and rear window motors interchangeable?

OR maybe a motor from 'other' car brand would fit.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not interchangeable, pay a stack of money for a new one and almost nothing for a used motor.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, im not sure, how often will i have to change the motor. because, the last one rusted..."some water might have gotten in to the motor"

:) well, today i had a carwash (my trim panels removed) and putting my hand between door skins, was like putting it in bucket of water. it was actually pouring the most right on the motor.

still don't like it if its normal. it was like that on all 4 doors.

damn, i dont want to install my speakers in those doors no more :)

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
are your plastic seals missing from inside the doors? huh... the water should be draining around the motor and not onto it..

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what plastic seals do u mean? Everything was wet :) it was like two big water drops in 1.5 secs right where the motor is.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
well when you take off the door card, right underneath should be a big plastic sheet sealed to the door with some silicone adhesive. other than that, you have the seal at the top of the door body that tries to prevent huge amounts of water from getting it (this is mostly when the window is up and pushing against it), but you will always get some water in there. come to think of it, water does drip on the motor and i've seen a few posts about rusty motors because of it. for your speakers, just get some speaker baffles to protect them.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, there is no problem with vapor barrier. i just dont have it :) and actually dont know if its of any use.
inside of my doors was intensely filling with water for about 5min but nothing got in the cabin.

But the motor was swimming. I dont see any other protection for it other than the window gusset.

ill try to slowly pour a glass of water on the window and see if its still that bad.

and yes, now im sure i need those speaker baffles.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tried the glass trick...exactly the same results...nothing stops the all mighty water to get anywhere :)
it even gets through door handles and pours right in.

im quite sure this happens to cars that have framed windows as well.

ill just have to take care of sound deadening a bit more, so the water can easily get to drain holes at the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts