Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this, as soon as I exceed 60mph I can hear what sounds like wind noise and it seems to come from around the middle of the bonnet.

I thought it might be the intercooler bellows where there is a gap but I've temporarily sealed that with gaffer tape, might just be coincidence but if I open & close the bonnet it sometimes goes away for a while.

I'd be grateful if anyone can shed any light on this

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
I take it that the bonnet is closed properly / firmly and not lifting on the safety clip when speed increases ?
Have you change the wipers recently-different design ?
Under bonnet soundproofing all secure ?
Check all trim around the front grill and grill itself, is all secure and tight ?

Good luck

Brian

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
I don't get it in that area but I do get it drivers side somewhere. Really annoying. Have tried silicone on the rubbers but no change.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,646 Posts
Is it not yer blower whining??

Wifelet has a similar sound to that.:icon_wink:

Regards

AM

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
windscreen noise

Thanks for the replies

Having listened to peaty's youtube clip I'm pretty sure it's the same problem so it's out with the silicon this weekend, will post how I get on

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
windscreen noise

Before I do anything to my screen I was wondering if this would be something I could get repaired under warranty, as the car is only 26 months old and I didn't want do do anything to void the warranty

G

·
It should be done under warranty, just print out the text from the thread and take it with you, dealers know very little about this problem and need some convincing..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts