Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this, as soon as I exceed 60mph I can hear what sounds like wind noise and it seems to come from around the middle of the bonnet.

I thought it might be the intercooler bellows where there is a gap but I've temporarily sealed that with gaffer tape, might just be coincidence but if I open & close the bonnet it sometimes goes away for a while.

I'd be grateful if anyone can shed any light on this

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
I take it that the bonnet is closed properly / firmly and not lifting on the safety clip when speed increases ?
Have you change the wipers recently-different design ?
Under bonnet soundproofing all secure ?
Check all trim around the front grill and grill itself, is all secure and tight ?

Good luck

Brian

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,443 Posts
Is it not yer blower whining??

Wifelet has a similar sound to that.:icon_wink:

Regards

AM

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
windscreen noise

Thanks for the replies

Having listened to peaty's youtube clip I'm pretty sure it's the same problem so it's out with the silicon this weekend, will post how I get on

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
windscreen noise

Before I do anything to my screen I was wondering if this would be something I could get repaired under warranty, as the car is only 26 months old and I didn't want do do anything to void the warranty

A

·
0 Posts
It should be done under warranty, just print out the text from the thread and take it with you, dealers know very little about this problem and need some convincing..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts