Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original Thread

Last time I went one run for 13.422 at 104.4 MPH with lame launch resulting in a 2.18 60' time. Read all about it in the link above.

I plan on returning to New England Dragway within the next few weeks. Since my last visit there;

1. I have purchased an approved helmet so I can take more than one run. :banana:
2. I have installed an Aquamist HFS3 system and have been re-tuned

Same deal as last time;

1. Who ever comes closest to my best ET without going under wins $10
2. Who ever comes closest to my best trap speed without going over wins $10

Winning bets paid via PayPal. Let the wagers begin!

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
12.98 at 105.6 MPH.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
13.35 @ 105, she's gonna be a hot one with a crappy DA but good luck.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
13.35 @ 105, she's gonna be a hot one with a crappy DA but good luck.
Looks like mid 70s with about 60% humidity early evening when I will be there. No great, but not horrible either.

FWIW, I have found the combination of the CAI, big TMIC with the good-fitting Subtle splitter and water/meth injection really helps reduce the effects of heat soak. Nonetheless, I am planning on going back again in the fall when it's cooler for a few more runs.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Final call for wagers!

Hitting the track early evening today. Temperature should be low to mid 80s with about 50% relative humidity.
Good luck, I used to experience as much as 4 tenths of a second difference from good weather to poor as well as differences in engine temp so keep her as cool as you can between runs as well and here is what I use for DA calcs.

Engine Tuning Calculator - dew point

This is where I get the weather stats, just find a station near your track and you can look at any date in the past as well so if you have your old time slips, you can calculate those also.

Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

1 - 20 of 42 Posts