Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 07 FSXT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I participated in a pseudo-trackday this past weekend. I have the Wilwood 6/4 pot setup and I got them with what Wilwood calls their "street" pads. Since the event it seems that my brakes don't have the cold bite that they did before the torture test. Is it possible that I overcooked the pads and have pretty much ruined them??? Fluid is 6 month old DOT4 so I don't think it is the problem. The pads are still thick....so I didn't use them up, but I haven't pulled them out to look at them.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
any signs of glazing on the rotors? you could always sand the pad and rotor face and see if it bites better.

·
Former Foz Dude
2010 WRX STI SE STI 6-speed, yo
1,376 Posts
That's better than my first set of Wilwood Pads... At the last track day I ran them to the backing plates... :)

·
Registered
2007 07 FSXT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken....which compound? I think I have the BP10's. Is there any trick to pushing the pistons back in??? Can you retract them by hand? I've never had fixed calipers before.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Do a really thorough brake bleeding and rebed the pads.
When I get my Skyline out on the track it would boil the standard DOT4 fluid and get bubbles in the system that made them feel a lot mushier than normal.

My EBC Red stuff's held up great at the track, but the rotors were a different story. Lets just say the pads pretty much machined my factory Nissan rotors for me... :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Re-bed the pads and change out the fluid. I would change brake fluid after any racing situation.
Do a really thorough brake bleeding and rebed the pads.
When I get my Skyline out on the track it would boil the standard DOT4 fluid and get bubbles in the system that made them feel a lot mushier than normal.
+++1

·
Former Foz Dude
2010 WRX STI SE STI 6-speed, yo
1,376 Posts
Ken....which compound? I think I have the BP10's. Is there any trick to pushing the pistons back in??? Can you retract them by hand? I've never had fixed calipers before.
I had the BP-20's... Now I'm rocking the BP-10's. Will get some track pads (BP-30's or "A") for next years track season.

Pushing the pistons was a major PITA... Had to take the caliper off and push them in with one of those twisty clamps...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts