Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 FXT's 05 IPT 4eat/ 05 w/ 08 sport conversion JDM STI Forester swapped
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So here goes.. This isn't stock, isn't a PA vehicle, it isn't dented or rusted, and nothing but the odometer, interior, and the body have the actual mileage on them..

This is a 09 Forester XT automatic w/ sport shift and 223k miles!

Original old man owned till 88k.. 2nd owner to 217k.. Then "I bought it"(looked at it) for a neighbor and he toasted a turbo, replaced a turbo, and toasted the motor (probably from him driving it around with a damaged turbo)..
Then I bought it...

My thought.. I can put this back together fairly cheap and use it for a winter beater..

As my WRX swapped 99 RS coupe and my STI swapped 08 Forester sport, are not in my top priority to ruin in the salt..

Well, while I thought I had a motor lined up, fairly cheap, a shelf broke and the motor dropped to the ground, broke a cam pulley and bent valve's..
After a valve job and getting the heads back from the machine shop, I decided I was going to use the 67k mile block, out of my STI Forester (since I put a closed deck, in it)..
All OEM Subaru STI gaskets were used to build the motor..
I couldn't find a Td-04 that I was willing to spend money on, so it got a VF52 with 30k miles on it..
Which turned into a Invidia catted TBE, tomei EL header's, aftermarket tmic, and a Cobb AP.. lol..

The transmission was replaced by Subaru and has 72k miles on it, now..
Struts were replaced around 180k. Wheel bearings were replaced around 180k. Rotors, calipers, and brakes were done around 213k.. (this all had documents when my neighbor's son bought the car. He thought it was a good idea to clean the Forester out, before I bought it. Which put all this info at the landfill.. )

I have a little over 1k miles on this setup and can't bring myself to run it in the salt of winter and the last thing I need is a 3rd tuned FXT...

I have a cleaner steering wheel and brand new OEM window rain guards..

I would prefer selling with the stock wheels and tires(5k on tires).. 6,400$..
With the Rota's and General Altimax Arctic's.. 6,800$..

OBO and possibly trades...

Last picture is stock wheels..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
05 FXT's 05 IPT 4eat/ 05 w/ 08 sport conversion JDM STI Forester swapped
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pending sale

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered